Fourteen || Mingyu

||Jealousy||

"Guess who!" You heard someone yell as they approached you from behind, covering your eyes with their hands.

You had a feeling you knew who it was, your best friend, his voice raised to a strange pitch to try hide who he was. Unfortunately for him it was his downfall.

"Hmm..." You mumbled, "Seokmin?" You heard a sigh from behind and the blinding sun unveiled in front of you.

"You always get it right." He mumbled, taking the seat next to you.

"Not always," You replied cheekily. You looked behind the bench to see the rest of the boys arriving and watched as the bus doors open. You stood up, picking up your bag until you were abruptly pulled back down by Seokmin.

"Listen, I have to tell you something." He lowered his voice.

"What is it?" You asked. He opened his mouth to tell you until he was interrupted.

"Everyone get on the bus, we'll be leaving soon." A teacher interrupted. Today you were going on a field trip for the night. The literature department had arranged for learners who were interested to go to the theatre to watch a Shakespeare production. However the theatre was two hours away and the production was only being held at night which is why the class of thirty learners going would be staying the night in a bed and breakfast nearby.

"I'll tell you on the bus." Seokmin spoke, grabbing your hand before pulling you in after him onto the bus. He found two seats and sat down, making you sit next to him.

"I'm sorry, Seokmin, but Mingyu asked if I could sit with him." You said, standing up, but he pulled you down again.

"No, that's why I need to talk to you." He lowered his voice as more students were climbing onto the bus.

You gave him a questioning look for him to continue.

"Mingyu has a crush on you, (Y/N)." He said, looking for signs of Mingyu. You were about to question him when he held up his index finger and placing it on your lips to silence you.

"I overheard him talking to Wonwoo about it." He explained. You nodded, unsure of how to react. Seokmin knew you were friends with Mingyu and you found him cute. He even knew you had a small crush on him.

"But I have a plan," He announced, "And it'll be fun."

"What is it?" You inquired, looking to see a sign of Mingyu.

"We're going to make him jealous."

"Are you sure that's a good plan?" You asked uncertainly. You didn't think this was a pleasant plan at all.

"Don't worry, we will only do it during the trip. If it works, hopefully he will confess."

"I'm not sure we should..." You confessed.

"Please. I can guarantee he will confess by tomorrow." He pleaded and bribed you.

Before you had a chance to reply he mumbled under his breath, "He's here."

You proceeded to look up and see Mingyu board the bus with Wonwoo. You felt an arm sneak its way around your shoulders and looked at Seokmin.

"Act naturally and laugh." He murmured. You followed his instructions, however your laugh was nervous.

Mingyu walked down the bus and you caught his attention. He looked surprised and smiled nervously.

"Hello Mingyu." You smiled as Seokmin poked your cheek, however you swatted his hand away, returning a nervous smile to Mingyu.