Twelve || Seungkwan

||Request||

There are two songs used in this request: Love Takes Time by Mariah Carey and This I Promise You by 'N Sync.
If you are not familiar with the two songs, I recommend listening to them as I have put multimedia at the parts where the songs are used. Or just have a skim through the lyrics because I haven't put the entire song in. (Only mentioning this so you have a better understanding(?) XD

-----

It was 'the most wonderful time of the year', Christmas. Your school was holding a hosting a Christmas party in the central quadrangle of your school upon the grass.  Students at the back chose to sit on chairs, but the majority were sitting on blankets. It was cold, but there had been no signs of precipitation for the last few days. The school had set up a small platform for the students to perform, most of which were singing. 

You were going to perform second to last, just before Seungkwan. Ironically, you both were the most excited and confident compared to the other students. You were friendly with Seungkwan, he had been a close and supportive friend the past year, he was with you through thick and thin. You made small talk while you both waited for your chance between the performances.

While they performed you either watched them or admired the scenery and decorations. Along the walls hung Christmas lights, as well as along the sides of the platform with other hanging decorations such as baubles and plastic candy canes. Various colours of tinsel were wrapped around anything vertical like the microphone stand. 

You watched as the last person before you finished and walked down the stage, giving you a warm smile of encouragement. 

"Next we have (Y/N) singing Love Takes Time by Mariah Carey." The MC announced, you walked up onto the stage and stood before the microphone. You saw the pairs of eyes of your fellow classmates watching you intently as you waited for the music to start. You slowly became increasingly nervous as you waited, but when you glanced at Seungkwan he sent you a thumbs up to encourage you, which helped ease the nervousness. 

(Love Takes Time - Mariah Carey Lyrics)

You began to hear the music play, and you stood in front of the microphone and waited to start. You began to sing,

I had it all
But I let it slip away
Couldn't see I treated you wrong
Now I wander around
Feeling down and cold
Trying to believe that you're gone

Your voice began soft, but increased as you became more confident. As you sang you could see Seungkwan watching you from the corner of your eye. He wasn't smiling, he was just watching you, engrossed in your performance.

Before you knew it, you were already singing the last chorus,

Love takes time
To heal when you're hurting so much
Couldn't see that I was blind
To let you go
I can't escape the pain
Inside

You could feel your eyes brim with tears, trying not to cry. Fortunately your voice wasn't affected, but struggled to say the last three lines when a tear rolled down your cheek. 

'Cause love takes time
I don't wanna be here
I don't wanna be here alone

The song ended and you faced the audience, but another song began to play, and shortly you heard Seungkwan's voice,

(This I Promise You - 'N Sync Lyrics) 

When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies

You looked to see Seungkwan standing on the platform now with a microphone in his hand, singing. He walked across the platform slowly towards you.

I'll be your strength,
I'll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it's gone
The one you should call,
Was standing here all along

He wiped away the wet tear stain on your cheek using his thumb. 

And I will take
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you  

You watched him, and you could feel more tears fall down your cheeks. He took your hand in his and held it while a smile played on his lips and saw small white flakes falling down from the sky; snow.

Just close your eyes 
Each loving day
I know this feeling won't go away
Every word I say is true
This I promise you  

The song came to a finish and he smiled and watched as you wiped the tears off of your face. Small snow flakes littered both of you, primarily your hair.

"(Y/N)," Seungkwan said staring into your eyes, "Will you be my girlfriend?" 

You stared at him, surprised by the question and confession, but you knew the answer. Your lips broke into a smile and nodded a 'Yes' to him. 

You watched as his eyes lit up and he wrapped his arms around you in a hug. Surprised by the hug, you hugged him back, resting your head on his shoulder, and you both could hear the students clapping and cheering in the background.

-----

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it :) 
JinAhUnnie I'm sorry I edited a small detail, but I hope you like it either way, if not, let me know and I'll edit it right away. ^^