Part 13 - Leslie

TWO WEEKS LATER
I walk out into Ben's living room, where April is sitting watching early morning TV and eating cereal. She drops her spoon when she sees me.
"Leslie, what are you-" Ben comes in and puts his arm around me "OH MY GOD, GROSS!" She yells as she scrambles to her feet and bolts away into another room. A phone starts ringing from another room.
"I'll get it!" I hear Andy yell in another part of the house. "Dwyer-Ludgate-Wyatt residence. How may I help you?" A pause, then loudly, "Ben! Its for you!". Ben strolls over towards the front door. "This is Ben. " Pause. "Chris, slow down. Yeah, I know she's not at her house right now. She's...uh... here. It's an incredibly long story. Channel 7? Why?" Pause "What? Uh, OK. Bye?"
Ben walks into the living room, looking determined and a bit worried. Andy quickly follows him, stopping when he sees me.
"Leslie! What are you..." He looks to Ben, then me, and his mouth falls open. He looks back and forth at us multiple times, mouth in a gaping smile. Ben walks away from Andy, looking a bit annoyed, and grabs the remote. Andy walks over to me and talks quietly.
"Is he any good?"
"You know I can hear you, right?" Ben says as he changes the channel to Channel 7. Perd Hapley's face is on the screen, with the caption "Councilman Newport Resigns".
"Oh my God." The three of us say together as we watch on.
"In this video statement released last night, Bobby Newport talked about the thing that we are going to show him talking about now."
A video of Bobby in the Conference Room starts rolling.
"Hello Pawnee. My name is Bobby Newport. I hate to say this, but I don't like this job. Not everyone is nice, and there's just so much work, you know? I don't like this, so I'm resigning. I'd really like it if you vote for my friend, Leslie Knope. I voted for her, and she's really nice to me. Thank you!"
I remember that. Bobby thought that he wasn't allowed to vote for himself, so he voted for me. I wouldn't call him my "friend", but he's so clueless he probably thinks that his toothbrush is his friend.
Wait, what am I thinking? Is this really happening? Bobby is resigning and saying that I should fill in for him? This is my second chance!
"Somebody pinch me. I'm dreaming. This is really happening?"
"Leslie, this is really happening!" Ben says, hugging me tightly. April walks in just then.
"Oh my God! I'm moving out if this becomes a recurring thing!" Ben lets go of me. Rolling his eyes at April.
"No, no, babe! This is really good!" Andy says, running and grabbing April by the arm and walking her towards the TV. She sees the caption underneath Perd's face and smiles.
"You're running again?"
"I am!"
"That's awesome! I guess, if you need help, I guess I can. "
"And me! Let me help!" Andy says, literally bouncing as he says it.
"And obviously, as your unemployed boyfriend, I can do anything. Hell, I could even run the campaign if you didn't already have two amazing managers."
"You guys! You're the best."
"Oh, crap! We all have a job to get to!" Andy says, rushing towards the door. Ben shoots him an annoyed look.
"75% of us have a job to go to." April says, giving Ben a sarcastic look of false sympathy.
"Gee, thanks April." Ben says sarcastically.
"Bye, honey." I say, kissing Ben quickly.
"AUGH!! THIS IS A LIVING NIGHTMARE!!" April screams, bolting towards the door.
"Bye." Ben says as we all leave him.