Part 15 - Leslie

A couple of hours later, I'm on hold on the phone with my campaign managers. I hum along to the annoying, recurring song until 10 minutes later, someone picks up.
"This is William Barnes."
"Hi! This is Leslie! I was wondering if-"
"Ah. Leslie, we were going to call you. I assume you heard the news?"
"Yes! I've already got some thoughts down for some new campaign strategies. Now, since this isn't the first time I've run-"
"Leslie, we're not going to manage your campaign."
I sit there in temporary shock.
"You're... you're not?"
"We've already accepted another client. He's paying more, and in this world, it's all about the money. We're sorry, Ms. Knope."
"But, Bobby put in a good word for me! I'm at a good starting place! Can't you run two? Why don't you take one and have Elizabeth take the other?"
"Elizabeth and I work together. We're sorry again, and good luck finding another manager."
The phone hangs up abruptly and I sit there, shocked. My first instinct is to call Ann, because I call her whenever something terrible happens. But I remember a conversation I had earlier today. The phone rings for a while until someone picks up.
"Dwyer-Ludgate-Wyatt household. This is Ben."
"Hey, Ben!"
"Leslie! Hey!"
"So when you said before that you could run my campaign, how serious were you?"