22

Chapter 22:

The jet lands in the airport in North Carolina and I smile coming to a stand. "You are going to love Linda." I state grabbing Calum's hand.

"Does she know I'm like you?" he asks interestedly and I bite my bottom lip looking in front of me as we exit the plane. Cal sighs and says "Do you plan on telling her princess?"

I give him a quick glance and nod. "I do I just don't know how to tell her."

"Do it quickly like your pulling off a band aid." Jarred offers and I roll my eyes at him.

"Jarred she's an older lady and is at a higher risk for heart attacks. We have to brake this to her slowly."

Jared frowns and shrugs not knowing what else to tell me. "Maybe you can tell her over dinner?" Stays suggests with a more thought out plan. I think about it for a second before beaming at him with a nod. He gives me a small smile back before looking back ahead getting serious.

"A car should be waiting at the front." Zeeke informs us. He is usually really quiet only talking when necessary. Sure enough when we get out to the front of the air port there's a big black SUV like the others we have had the whole trip.

"How'd you know?" I ask him truly curious.

Zeeke looks over to me and gives me a small smile. "I called ahead."

Calum opens the back door for me and I say "Well thanks dude." before jumping into the back seat. Cal goes to the other side and gets in while Jarred gets in the other making me sit in the middle. They have did this the whole trip because I guess that is where I am safest or something. "What time are we leaving in the morning?" I ask who ever knows.

"Eleven o'clock princess." Zeeke informs and I frown at him pursing my lips.

"Dude." I complain and he looks back giving me a quick sorry look. I lay my head on Calum's shoulder and sigh. I cant wait until this ride is over and I can see the woman that raised me.

"Eager?" Cal asks taking my small hand in his large one. He runs his thumb over the top making little circles.

"I haven't seen her In a while so I really miss her."

"Ten more minutes and we'll be there." Calum says and I smile. The rest of the ride is silent but when we pull up infront of the orphanage im practically jumping in my seat. Jarred opens the door when Stacy puts the car in park. Before he can proceed to get out I jump over him and run to the door.

I push it open and rush into the hose and into the kitchen where I here Linda singing one of her lovely lullaby's. "Linda." I say happily and she turns to see me a big smile stretching across her face.

She opens her arms to me and I don't waist a second launching myself into her arms. She squeezed me tight and then grunts. "I missed your bone crushing hugs sweet pea."

I step back blushing "Sorry." I forget that I am stronger than her I always have.

"No sweet pea I really did miss them. Can I have another?" She says genuinely opening her arms again with a loving smile. I walk back into her embrace and she places a kiss on my cheek letting me go. "So where is this fiancé of yours?"

I look around confused and then smack my forehead. They are to respectful to come into some ones house uninvited. "He's probably outside."

Linda's face morphs into one of confusion and she starts making her way to the front door. "That just wont do." I fallow her almost running into her when she stops abruptly on the front porch. She cocks her head confused when she sees all four of the big men and looks back at me. "Who are they sweet pea?"

I scratch my head and state. "I have a lot to tell you but for now." I say and point to each man introducing them. "and last but not least this is my fiancé Calum."

Linda still looks confused but she gives them all big warm welcoming smiles and hello's. "My sweet pea has talked so much about you." Linda says smiling at Cal.

"Drea has told me quite a lot about you also." Calum says coming to give he hand a gentle kiss. "It is nice to finally meet you."

Linda raises a brow at me and says "You have you a keeper here sweet pea." Smiling I nod telling her I know making all of them chuckle. "Lets go inside I made cookies." I squeal happily and grab Calum's hand dragging him into the house. No one makes better cookies than Linda.

We all take a seat at the table and she sets the cookies down letting everyone grab one them she looks at me expectantly. "Are all of the kids at school?" I ask because its only twelve. We left Calum's familys house at six this morning so we could have a few hours alone with Linda.

"Yes, now stop trying to change the subject." she says sternly.

With a sight I sit up straighter and look at her seriously. "My parents couldn't keep me because I am a princess."

Linda raises a wrinkled brow confused. "Princess?"

I nod and says "The werewolf princess."

"That is what you are?" Linda asks because we have been trying to put a name to it we just were never able to. When I nod she says "So you are the werewolf princess. Why could your parents not keep you?"

"There are werewolves that do not want a queen to rule them. They want to live freely without any higher power. My parents sent me away to protect me. If they hadn't I would have been killed."

Linda nods taking it all in and then she looks at the men pointedly. "Jarred and Stacy are my guards at the palace but since we are off of the island Zeeke has joined them to guard me."

"Are they all like you?" she asks interestedly looking them over with narrowed eyes. I nod and she says "Even your fiancé?"

"Yes, Calum is also a Were. He is my mate to be exact." she looks over to me really confused and I chuckle. "My soul mate my other half. The one I would do anything for. The werewolves believe that once you find your mate you are already married so you should MATE." I say putting emphasis on the word and she gasps loudly covering her mouth.

With large saddened eyes she says "Tell me you didn't."

Quickly I shake my head. "You taught me better and I know what God would want. I told Calum that we had to be married first and he respects that that is why i'm engaged. We're getting married next month."

"Oh sweet pea." she says smiling largely. "I wish I could make it." I frown at her cocking my head confused. "There is no one else to watch the children and they surely cannot go to a Island full of werewolves now can they?"

"I want you to come." I mumble sadly about to cry. Linda has been my mother my whole life and she cant even come to my wedding.

Calum pulls me to him sitting me on his lap. He rubs my back lightly and I rest my head on his shoulder. "I know sweet pea and I want to come but who would watch the children?" she asks and I shrug because I don't know.

"I'm sure we can find someone Princess." Calum says softly trying to cheer me up.

"How about your parents?" Linda asks trying to change the subject. "Are they how you expected?"

"My momma's not." I state sitting straighter on Calums lap.

"How so?" So until two when the kids get out of school we talk about my mother and everyone at the palace. Gran is happy that everyone is so nice to me and she is happy that I am being nice to people and teaching them that God is good and he does love us all.

The door bangs against the door loudly and then loud talking sounds through the house.