[3] New School

[3] New School 

Massie gazed at what was known as Dark Falls High. The school was a nice size seeing as it was the only high school in town, but Massie guessed it was because the population wasn't as high as it was in other towns and cities.

The building was painted gray, giving it a dull first impression. Massie wished she could go to a department store and buy dozens of paint cans to decorate the place. It looked so boring. Nevertheless, from experience Massie knew a building's look didn't do justice to the students' personality—at least most times—so she wasn't driven off, instead she just made her way to the main office where a brunette sat behind a desk.

"Name." She said, giving Massie a forced smile, one Massie easily returned. Mornings were one of the few things Massie disliked, and it took her time to get in the mood to find the day worthwhile.

"Massie Wilton."

"Here's your schedule," the brunette handed Massie a few papers that had already been on her desk. At that moment the bell rang, letting her know class had already begun. "I've also given you the school map to help you find your way around the school. Good luck." With those last few words the lady's attention went back to her computer, and Massie gladly left the office for class.

Ahh, the start of a new school. New people, new drama. Just thinking about it got Massie giddy with excitement. There was always that bubble of anticipation when you entered a new school. You wondered if you would have a good status, meet a hot guy, or just be welcomed into all the fun.

Massie gazed down at the map before her, her first period class was math, her favorite subject. Massie looked up just as she bumped into a rather beautiful female. The girl growled, giving Massie the notion that she had angered her.

"My bad." Massie excused, surprised she had yet again bumped into someone. What was it with this place and her bumping into people? And why did they all happen to be so tall?

The girl glared at her, scanning her up and down as if trying to figure something out. The girl stopped briefly when she saw Massie's violet eyes, but continued after a moment. Massie did just as well, evaluating the girl before her. The girl was very beautiful, with chestnut hair cascading around her heart-shaped face. Her skin was of the purest sand one could only find in the Sahara dessert, one of the most perfect complexions Massie had ever seen before. Her eyes were a dark blue that would seem a bit random with one of her tanned skinned color, but they only accentuated her already majestic features..

Her bangs were at good length, and gave her face a sophistication models sought so desperately with make-up. Massie would've been envious had she not remembered she was a catch herself, and she was very prideful about it too. As she frequently said: making mommy proud. Her most prominent feature was her height. She was way taller, almost a head taller than Massie, which made Massie ponder if everyone in this area was an effin' skyscraper, I mean really.

"Who are you?" she questioned, as if Massie were an impostor stepping into the wrong territory. "You're not from around here."

"I'm a new student," She stepped around the girl and went in search for her math class. She was not looking for an argument the first day of school, especially not in the morning. So she hoped the girl would hold her venus 'til it was noon.

"I'm Keisha." 

Massie turned her neck to see her, and found her leveling a threatening glare in her direction. The girl radiated such hate that Massie pondered what on Earth she could have possibly done to a girl she had only just met.

Massie rolled her eyes at her erosive tone. "Massie."

Massie went on her own way, and was thankful the stranger did just as well.

<<<>>>

The first thing Massie noticed when she exited math class was a group of five boys speaking heatedly at the corner of the hallway. They were rather easy to spot, especially since they were all very tall, and from what she could glimpse above-average features.

Oh baby.

"Those are the Cult Boys, all the girls in school want to be with them," whispered Emma, one of the few girls she'd met last period.

"No kidding. How could you not?" Massie replied as she checked them out openly. "Yum, give me a piece of that." She bit her lip and smiled wickedly at Emma. "What are their names?"

"You see those two with the green shirts? That's Jayden and Jordan Smith; they're both twins. You'll be able to tell them apart after a while, but for now just know that Jordan wears an earring."

The twins had shaggy brown hair over coffee brown eyes, one of the most adorable creatures she had ever seen. Her body yearned to jump on top of them and get a piggy-back ride, if that were even possible. Another difference Massie was able to notice is how laid back Jayden was—the one without the earring. His back was laying on a locker to give him support, while the others stood straight and tall.

"Next is James Fulton, he's wearing stripes." Massie easily recognized him, his hair was styled to a cute short mohawk. "He's a genius, but a push-over compared the others. Might be why he's the only one in the group who's dating. His girlfriend Kristin doesn't go here though, I heard she dropped out."

Kristin. . . why does the name sound familiar? Massie pushed away the thought and urged Emma to continue.

"The one with black shoes is Noah Sparks, a sweetheart, but don't be fooled, he is a huge ladies man, which of course leads him to be the most sociable of the group." Noah's most obvious feature was how buff he was. He had to have worked out daily for those pecks. He was the shortest of the group, which even then was more than her height.

"And last but not least is Sebastian Pierce, the most wanted boy of our school. It's sad Keisha put a stamp on his forehead saying 'taken', even though he technically isn't. Countless girls like him and would probably make a move if he didn't have such a bad attitude."

Massie squinted at the figure a bit before recognition dawned on her. It was him! The boy of the supermarket who had been angered with her for dropping his food supplies.

"I know him!" Massie confided, she paused "Kind of. I saw him at the supermarket the other day."

"C'mon, lets go." She murmured, pulling on her arm. "We wouldn't want them to see us staring and think we're feens or something."

Massie laughed, shaking her head thoughtlessly. "Pshh! Why not? I wouldn't care." As if hearing her words, Sebastian's head snapped at her direction, and the moment he did, so did that of the rest of the boys'. Massie gave Emma a sideways glance, "Besides, I think they know we we're staring at them already."