[16]

Vote, vote, vote! Please ^.^

 [16]

"Okay, so a number eight with iced tea?" Massie asked, repeating the customer's order to make sure it was exactly what they wanted. After seeing the girl nod an affirmative Massie went to the next table to get two orders in one go.

Sebastian wasn't working today, so unlike the day before she didn't have the luxury of not carrying heavy trays— or seeing his handsome face for that matter. However, after seeing Emma, Lucy, and Emily working on their own she found some sort of motivation to do the job by herself. It wasn't as bad as she remembered it being. Had she really been that out of shape? Not that she wasn't now, but at least her muscles could hold up much longer without complain than it could before. Massie checked the time and smiled. Yeah, she definitely hadn't lasted this long. The clock showed it was nearing seven, and last week when the clock was nearing six she thought she was going to die. Then again, she had always been over-dramatic. . .

After sending the orders to Jayden she could see from the corner of her eyes the way her three friends went into the employee room. During lunch they had discussed their working schedule, and she learned that although they were obliged to work on the weekends, Massie was obliged to work on all weekdays until the diner close, while they only had to work until seven.

The diner bell rang, signaling that someone had entered the diner. Normally, Massie wouldn't have even paid mind, seeing as the bell seemed to act like a clock; a sound that would constantly ring in this popular chill spot. However, the person who entered had a tall and imposing demeanor, making her impossible to ignore. Chestnut hair fell perfectly around a heart-shaped faced, a face define by delicate features. Her body, nevertheless, showed she was anything but. She was wearing a lovely red skirt that showed off her well-tone legs and perky behind. It was obvious she worked out, and by the time she entered the employee room Massie realized she'd seen her before.

What's her name again?

Massie struggled to remember her name. Ugh, why did she have to have such bad luck when it came to memorizing names?

"Excuse me, do you know where the ketchup is?"

"Keisha!" Massie whisper-shouted, finally recalling the girl's name. The customer stared at her, confused. Massie cleared her throat and pointed to the right. "The ketchup is that way. You'll find it at the edge of the table near the napkins." Following her finger, the customer went on her merry way.

Massie blinked. Of course, Keisha. How on earth could she have forgotten her name! Aside from the fact that she was a total beeyotch on Massie's first day of school, she also happened to be Sebastian's "first and last girlfriend". Of course, having heard all the gossip and about how they never kissed Massie was confident there had to be some fault in the relationship. As far as she knew if they never kissed, then they never went out.

Keisha came out the room wearing a uniform identical to the one Massie wore, and to Massie's disdain her curves were actually evident with the less-than-flattering dress. Massie sighed. She would just have to deal with the fact that although she had a nice body, she was lacking a bit in the hips area. After taking a customer's order she felt foolish for even thinking that. She wasn't used to seeing girls as competition. Usually the pretty ones already had boyfriends, so the boy she wanted was easily hers to take.

She remembered how last week during study hall she caught her and Sebastian having a private conversation when she was on her way to the library. Keisha almost kissed him, as her memory so recalled, but Sebastian stopped her before things could get any further. Massie would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't curious to know where exactly their relationship stood, but at least she was content to know it was clearly nothing serious, because if it had been Sebastian's mother wouldn't have openly encouraged a relationship between her and her son.