[22]

A/N: After a long hiatus, I'm back. Enjoy. I actually had to re-read my entire story to get back in touch with the characters lol.

Wolf Chase [22]

Massie couldn't help but smile at the creature beside her. It felt weird seeing him indoors, having been so accustomed to meeting him outside at the edge of the playground. In the closed room, Cinnamon seemed much larger, but no more intimidating. She kissed his nose and caressed his head. A voice at the back of her mind gently reminded her that he was no longer a random wolf she became friends with in the dark hours of the night, but Sebastian Pierce, her school crush. Seeing him like this though, it was easy to forget.

"I am feeling much better, and my foot is not ugly like the first time you saw it," she updated, lifting the covers to show. Because the lights weren't on, only the moon's light from outside gave a clouded picture of her injured foot. Massie winced. Okay, so while her foot was no longer swollen with inflammation, the colors of her foot still looked rather grotesque. "Actually, never mind..."

Cinnamon yawned dismissively, as if the appearance of the foot was of no importance to him. Massie narrowed her eyes. "You do realize I will have to go to school tomorrow and if people see my foot like this I will be knocked down at least two points!"

The wolf moved his head sideways, confused. Massie sighed, "on a physical scale of 1-10 I am obviously a ten, but now since my foot looks like this, I can be bumped down to an 8!" Massie leaned back against her pillow, pensive. "Unless I make up a cool story as to why I have it, then maybe I can give that brave cool girl vibe."

Cinnamon landed her with an are-you-serious expression. Massie shrugged and returned his look with a "Duh". She sat up on the bed and stretched, lifting her arms above her head and giving a satisfied sigh when she worked the kinks out. She really was not used to being bedridden for so long. While the idea of returning to school with an injury sounded annoying, she was looking forward to getting out this bed and moving along. Massie went to untangle the mass of hair on her head but found it tedious when she realized how knotted it truly was. She decided she would get the brush that was currently residing in the bathroom.

Massie placed her feet at the edge of the bed, wincing slightly when her heel landed on the floor a little too harshly. Compared to the first night here, the pain was significantly lower, but still painful nonetheless. It would have to remain non-weight baring for the next three days at the rate it was healing. Mandy's poultices were truly a miracle worker. Standing up a wave of dizziness hit her making her almost fall over to the ground. Thankfully, Cinnamon was watchful and she was able to grab on to him to remain steady. He barked at her in disapproval. Massie groaned. "Why are you mad at me for? All I wanted was to get my detangler brush from the bathroom," she defended. He growled and gave enough force to make her topple backwards, right back into her bed. He then trotted to the bathroom and returned quickly with her purple brush.

Massie smiled, retrieving the detangler from his mouth. "Well aren't you just a doll!" She kissed his forehead and then proceeded to comb out the nest on her head. When she finished, she gazed at Cinnamon who was laying down on the floor appearing to be at rest. He seemed so far away, usually when they meet at the park he was always right beside her. "Cinnamon," she called. He lifted his head, as if to say 'what?'.

"Come here." She patted the area beside her on the bed. His bark was short and to the point, it was clear he said 'No'. Massie pouted. "Pretty please my cinnamon bun...my sweet cinnamon toast crunch." He got up from the floor and neared her bed but made no move to join her. "I'll brush your hair and pet you," she bribed. Won over, Cinnamon went to the empty side of the bed and climbed on, being mindful of not accidentally hitting her foot. Massie giggled with glee at her victory. She loved when she got exactly what she wanted.