[34] Power of Alpha

A/N: OKAI there is an intense part in here SO YOU BETTER READ SLOW. Don't miss anything, kay? Much love <3.

[34] Power of Alpha

Massie woke up to the feeling of masculine arms around her. He was sleeping. She could tell by the steady rise of his chest as he breathed, unaware of the possessive hands that grasped her. One in specific cupping her hip, as though he were afraid she would somehow leave and escape.

So I wasn't dreaming.

Last night was very real. The fight, their argument, the touches. It was so hard getting into Sebastian's head to understand why he did things. It felt like a push and tug when it came to him. One moment he pushed her away, and then the next he was all over her, very much like he was now. And dang it she was still hard pressed over the fact that he didn't admit the way he felt, and as much as she loved actions she was also really needy about affirmations. For her it solidified everything.

Last night amazed her, it was a real eye-opener in many ways. For one, she hadn't expected him to harbor so much passion. It startled her to think that a man so reserved could express so much affection.

Massie turned, making them now face to face. She felt his chest against hers as he breathed. Felt him draw her closer as she shifted. She combed her fingers through his hair, enjoying the feel of them beneath her fingertips. She was still peeved at him over yesterday, but she would put that aside for now.

A digit left the boundary of his hair and trailed to his thick brows, curving along his straight nose and finishing shyly on his lips.

"Massie." He breathed, opening his eyes.

"I woke you up."

"I've been awake." He admitted.

Massie bit her lip. That meant this whole time she was exploring him he let her. His golden eyes fell to her lips, mesmerized.

Massie swallowed, not knowing what to do. She wouldn't try to get a kiss from him ever again, not until he admitted he liked her. She would no longer stand for him saying she didn't consider his feelings. It made her feel guilty and as though her affections were not reciprocated.

"Why are you so close, you said you wouldn't because you're in heat." She pointed out, bringing to attention their closeness. While this felt great she didn't want a repeat of yesterday where he suddenly pushes her away.

"Not anymore. It left me a few hours ago."

Massie considered this. "That was short."

"I told you, it only lasts two to three days." He gently reminded. His fingers threaded through her hair, and the considerate motion made her close her eyes and rest her head on his chest. The steady rhythm of his heartbeat sounded like a beautiful melody, drawing her into a haze.

""You're going to ask for an additional bed today." She stated, dejectedly repeating what he had told her yesterday. Without a doubt she would not be going back to her room. It just sucked that she would still sleep alone regardless.

"I won't."

Massie blinked, unsure if she heard correctly. "Not anymore?"

"Not anymore." He confirmed. He kissed her forehead and rested his chin on her head. Massie felt as though she were encased in a warm cocoon.

Despite both being awake he didn't make motion to separate. They remained intertwined, quietly enjoying each other's presence until it was time to actually get up for breakfast.