[46] Heated

Thank you everyone for your patience and support! This book is coming to its end, I just want to make sure I finish it and it gets closure. Enjoy!

[46] Heated

The air draped over her like a heavy weight. It clamored over her muscles, causing them to remain immobile despite the serious eyes that watched over her like a hawk.

Sitting before her the wereman remained deathly calm, still as a statue as he waited. His legs were crossed on the bed, his arms in similar manner, and she had to admit they were distracting her the tiniest bit because he recently took his shirt off, so his upper body was completely exposed for her perusal.

"Do it." Sebastian insisted, nodding towards her phone in between them.

She thought he'd get over the voicemail after an hour of cuddling, but it seemed he had other plans. For here they were, him still waiting for her to call Theo and accept meeting up with him.

Oh, and Sebastian was invited.

How would she present that to him? Theo was a sweet friend whom she'd much rather explain the change of events in private without Sebastian's prying ears. She knew Theo's flirtatious personality would only irk her man even further, why did he want to listen?

Massie mentally prepared herself for the conversation. She had to be careful of not using any endearing terms. She had a habit of doing that with others, and she couldn't afford to let one sweet term slip at this moment.

This wasn't like speaking to Noah—at least he was Sebastian's packmate, so he trusted him with her. Theo was a whole other ball game, and she allowed him to suck her blood.

This can blow up very ugly.

"Fine, I'll call him myself." Sebastian decided, reaching for her phone.

Massie snatched the device before he followed through. Knowing him, he wasn't kidding. "No, I'll do it!"

There really was no way around this. Taking a deep breath, she pointed to his contact. "Can I just say that there are no emojis near his name so obviously I wasn't into him"

"There aren't any near my name either." He responded, such sourness dropped in every syllable that it made her tongue curl.

Massie felt at loss for words. Gosh, freaking horrible timing. "You had them, I just took them off when we weren't talking. They'll go back." She promised. "Actually, I can do that right now."

Sebastian clamped his hand over hers to halt her rapidly moving fingers. "Later. Call your friend first."

Yes, call her friend first. There went her failed attempt at stalling for more time. Why did the word 'friend' have such a tone of warning attached to it? In the past few days when he'd used that word with her detailing 'what friends do' it was said with lightness and an air of playfulness. There was no joking now.

"Um, okay but I'm going to tell him you're listening in—"

"He doesn't need to know."

"But I just think it's best if—"

"Let me hear the man in his natural environment."

"But he'll know if I'm using loud speaker and—"

"I can hear without loud speaker. Go ahead." Sebastian said. He tapped his right ear lightly and again she's reminded he's a werewolf and can use enhanced hearing as he so chooses.

There's no point in holding off any longer. Taking a deep breath she pressed the button to call Theo. As the phone rang Massie awkwardly turned in the bed so that Sebastian's intimidating expression was not staring her down.