[23]

Wolf Chase [23]

Massie expertly avoided her mother's suspicious eyes, she knew it was very abrupt the way she slammed the door at Sebastian's face, but if his attitude was anything to go by, him finding out her mother thought he was her boyfriend would cause unneeded problems. No thank you, she'll skedaddle her way out of this one for as long as she could

"Is there anything I should know?" Her mother asked, wary of her daughters behavior.

Massie cleared her features before giving her an innocent look. "No, everything is fine. Prior to dropping me off he mentioned needing to do something for his cousin, I'm just making sure he's not being held back or anything like that." She said casually, hoping to abate her mother's cynicism.

Her mother continued to eye her critically, but appeared to give in. "Alright. Just remember, I expect a proper introduction for your father and I next time he comes around. There's no need to a hide a relationship from us, it's not as if we forbid you from having a boyfriend."

"Yes mother," Massie conceded. Before the conversation could drag on any further, Massie moved towards her room to change.

Upstairs, she settled for a nice flattering pair of jeans matched with a casual purple top. Deciding she didn't want her hair flapping around all day as she moved in crutches, she opted to tie her hair into a high ponytail. With her hair up she looked younger but slightly more edgy, which was the look she was going for.

When she arrived in school it was just as she expected, her friends erupted with questions at her injured state.

"Oh my gosh what happened?!" Asked Emma, eyes wide as she took in her injury.

Lily's small tender hand went above her lips, covering a silent gasp. "Is this why you didn't come to school yesterday?"

Massie nodded, though she was thankful it had healed so quickly. Within two days the swelling had almost subsided. The multiple socks layering over her bandaged foot made it look bigger than it really was, but she appreciated how it served as a protective cushion.

Though she hadn't thought up a cool story to tell her friends, there was a better idea in mind to describe her accident. "I was climbing a tree and ended up falling. Thankfully, Sebastian was there to rescue me. He really is such a sweetheart, it's so great to hang out with strong friends." She mentioned casually, but Massie noticed how her friends showed immediate interest.

Emily's eyes narrowed in jealously. "You were hanging out with Sebastian?" She questioned, disbelief apparent in her features. Massie smirked, she knew saying this would press some of her buttons.

Lily's eyes shined with awe. "Wow, that is such a fairytale! So like a knight in shining armor!" She gushed.

Emma merely gaped. "I don't know how you do it. How on earth did you manage to befriend him?"

Massie shrugged. "When things are meant to be, they happen. Destiny is pulling us together," she said confidently.

And truly, she believed this to be the case. Not only was Sebastian physically appealing, but as she witnessed this morning he was also a gentleman. Knowing he was Cinnamon made her more drawn to him than before, especially since he was noticeably more affectionate in wolf form. She desired to continue getting to know him, as well as the rest of the pack. She couldn't imagine letting them go now with all they've done for her and all that she knew.

Emily sneered. "Don't get ahead of yourself, you're not even dating yet. You're so cocky about something that isn't even yours."

Massie rolled her eyes. Emily had a valid point, but she trusted her instincts more. "I want you to remember this day when I end up being Sebastian's girlfriend, because I won't even waste a breath telling you 'I told you so'," she said, giving her a wide cocky grin.