[30]

Long chapter ahead that's pretty much setting things up. Please vote.

Wolf Chase [30]

Massie stared at her prom dress with a mixture of awe and appreciation. Her hands trailed softly against the dazzling material, picturing exactly how she would look many weeks from now. It truly was a beautiful dress. She almost wished the dance would hurry up so she could wear it. Alas, she had to be patient and wait.

From her peripheral view she saw her sister stroll down the hall, only to stop at her door and feast her gaze upon what had her so transfixed. Lydia's silent steps entered to better survey the ensemble.

"That thing is way too shiny and explosive, figures you would get an outrageous dress."

Massie was not surprised at her sister's comment. Lydia was such a bore when it came to picking outfits; always choosing the plainest thing to blend into the background and otherwise remain unseen.

"You're clearly blind and lack good taste, this dress is amazing! I'm so glad I won't have to be in search of an outfit anymore, the stuff in Dark Falls is deplorable." Massie held it higher and smiled proudly at her choice.

The only person who saw her in it was Sebastian, and all he told her was that it was 'acceptable'. Acceptable? This dress was more than acceptable, it was downright gorgeous! He was such a stone that his bland response did not surprise her. Then again, perhaps his anger at the time had something to do with it. Oops?

"So that's where you went to today," Lydia mused, lifting a disparaging brow. "Are you going out for more shopping today?"

Massie shook her head. "Nope, I'm done with shopping. I'll get shoes and accessories some other day."

Massie gave her dress one last look before exhaling a joyful sigh and placing it in her closet ever so carefully. She had made space for it by taking out a handful of clothes, she wanted to make sure it wouldn't cramp and otherwise cause wrinkles.

"So if you're not going anywhere, why is there a car outside waiting for you?"

Massie's eyes widened with alarm. "Crap!"

She rushed to her drawers and pulled out the first set of comfortable clothes she saw along with her intimates and stuffed them in a duffel bag she found tucked away in a corner. "Sebastian's waiting for me outside. I ate dinner at his house after shopping, and somehow Hailey convinced him I should sleepover," she explained, reaching for her basic hygiene products. She grabbed the medium sized gift bag she stashed near her dresser and place it inside too. It held one of Sebastian's two birthday presents, the other wouldn't require anytime type of covering. Just herself.

He probably consented since it was the weekend and there was no school tomorrow. Also since his parents were hosting a nice feast tomorrow to commemorate his birthday. Massie could not believe she'd been so immersed in analyzing her dress that she forgot Sebastian was waiting for her outside. The worst part is she told him she would be 'super duper quick' about it. Hopefully he wasn't bad at waiting.

Suddenly, Lydia began to walk around her room, poking her head through things as though searching for something. "It must be here somewhere..." she murmured, loud enough for Massie to hear.

Massie eyed her curiously. It was a very bizarre action coming from her sister. What could she have possibly left in her room? "What are you looking for?" she finally asked.

Lydia looked up. "Your brain cells. I know you must have dropped them here somewhere. There's no way you'd be stupid enough to continue engaging these people," she conferred.