[27]

Chapter dedicated to Rainiwonder103 'cause she's awesome. 

Also, I don't know how I did such a fast update but I'm gonna just keep writing, my mind is on writing-overload XD 

Wolf Chase [27]

Clad in sweatpants and a comfortable shirt, Massie tried to enjoy what was suppose to be the most relaxed moment of her day. Homework was done, courtesy of using her time wisely while at the Cult's. Now, her plasma TV was turned on with colors glowing brilliantly as they displayed the whimsical movements of the wealthy, elite housewives of whatever rich city they were in. Even her tablet was active, simultaneously showing a DIY video on how to transform one type of clothing to another, and who could overlook the educational book of werewolves that she got from the "fantasy" section of the library. Even so, despite all these distractions none of them held her attention for more than a minute at a time.

Her phone did.

Her phone, which was inconspicuously laying at the opposite side of her bed, faced down with the volume turned uncharacteristically high, because, of course she could not bear the thought of missing a phone call from the man she held affections for: Sebastian. She'd already missed his phone call once while she happened to be showering the instant she entered her home. She dutifully called him back, but he did not answer.

It was now ten o' clock, an hour since Jordan dropped her off. The brooding beast should be calling her back anytime soon. But honestly, could he hurry up? She quite wanted to enjoy her night in wonderful relaxation, but the prospect of his awaiting phone call had her more distracted than she cared to be.

She wondered what he would say to her. But more importantly, she wondered of how he now saw her, after being placed in a precarious, dangerous situation with odds against her favor. It's such a shame that even if Sebastian did mate with her, she wouldn't turn into a werewolf. She would remain human, but age more slowly to be in sync with his slow deterioration. Weak. Did he even care about that? She knew his wolf considered strength, but when he was her Cinnamon he was more affectionate than his human form.

The familiar ringtone drew her from her thoughts, and in seconds it was on her ear.

"Why, hello there Sebby." Massie's cheerfulness filled the line, and a content smile was on her face.

A grunt. "I hate your voicemail."

Massie giggled, knowing fully why but asking anyway. "And why is that?'

"Because it sounds like you're answering, but you're really not," He responded darkly, sounding peeved at her sense of humor.

"Don't be such a sour patch now. Well, not unless you're planning on being sweet to me later." After she said this, Massie realized he probably wouldn't get her analogy. He didn't seem like the type to eat candy. As a matter of fact, the Cult didn't have any artificial treats anywhere around their home. Only healthy things like fruits.

"Hn. I'm calling because of what occurred in the kitchen today." Sebastian said, swiftly turning their light conversation to the more serious topic at hand. "I didn't like your reluctance in saying anything, even when I gave you the chance. Had Hailey not told me, I would know nothing." His tone belied his vexation at the way she handled the situation, and she even detected worry.

Massie leaned against the board of her bed, sitting up straighter. They were right, she should have told them what Keisha did, but her plan of dealing with it on her own sounded better because it wouldn't make her look so weak. "I was handling it Sebastian." She replied, her voice holding little remorse for her actions.

Sebastian did not agree. "No, you were not handling anything. This is nothing to make light of, you could have been seriously injured!" He reprimanded harshly. There was a pause, in which he seemed to recollect himself before saying, "What led to Keisha's extreme behavior?"