[29]

Dedicated to Mrsnicholasj because if I didn't post today my poor girl would have to continue re-reading my old chapters for the 100th time. I hope this helps you feel better about your dentist appointment love <3

Just a heads up, THIS IS MILDLY EDITED. So you may see some errors. I just wanted to post it right away so you guys can read. Enjoy!

Wolf Chase [29]

Massie made herself comfortable in the plush couch, sitting to face Jordan. Said man crossed his arms behind his head and leaned back, the gem on his ear gleaming from the ceiling light that fell on it. He was the perfect picture of a cool, casual wolf.

"To answer your question, we usually bite pups when they're misbehaving."

Massie rolled her eyes. "So you mean to tell me he thinks I'm—"

"Behaving childish, unreasonable, foolish? Yes, all of the above." Jordan finished, laughing at her predicament.

Massie glared. Childish? Her?! How could Sebastian think she was being childish if she was only accepting his mother's wishes! He was totally over-reacting and bringing things out of proportion. "He's the one being unreasonable!"

"Which begs the question of what did you do?"

Massie lifted her hands, feeling as though she were wrongfully framed for a crime. "I didn't do anything! All I did was accept Mia's invitation to join you guys in an assignment. It's to some place called Everglades and Sebastian didn't like it. He wants me to back out."

Comprehension dawned on his features. She had a vague sense she wouldn't like Jordan's response either. "That makes sense. I agree with Sebastian, that pack is not the best one to take you."

Massie smacked his arm. "No Jordan! You're suppose to be on my side! Don't agree with that angry wolf," she thundered. What was the big deal of her going to this specific pack? She heard Sebastian mention they lacked self-control, but he was probably exaggerating to convince his mother to change her mind. All of the werewolves in Dark Falls were appropriate and self-controlled. Aside from the Cult, no one ever approached her or made any kind of move. The only person who lost their rocker was Keisha, and funnily enough she was a girl, not the males Sebastian was so concerned about.

Jordan tugged her hair to placate her rising temper. "Listen, if you end up going I won't be opposed to it. I'm just saying I see his perspective. I'm familiar with the Everglades pack and those men don't follow the usual conventions of proposing to a girl. They usually just mark at their fancy. Its extremely barbaric, yet also one of the reasons they have more members in their pack than most."

Massie blinked, astonished. She assumed every pack behaved the same way they did. Maybe Sebastian's concern wasn't so unfounded after all. "Seriously? Wouldn't the girls leave if they don't want them?"

The shaggy haired wolf shrugged, appearing to be just as perplexed as her. "I would have thought so, but I guess they have their ways on convincing them to stay. They're a wealthy pack, and they certainly don't hide it. I've never marked anyone, but I heard it makes both parties attached. I imagine that plays a part in it too."

Massie supposed she should be more concerned for her well-being going there, but she honestly did not care. Even if the Everglades pack did have a barbaric reputation, she still wanted to go with them and get the experience. Mia was right, she should get a glimpse of what her life would be like if she pursued things further with Sebastian, consequences be damned. "Well, how do you propose I convince him?"

"If you tell him you'll stick by us all the time and not venture alone, he'll eventually come to terms with it. You're very friendly Massie, and I can easily picture you making friends, but these men don't know the difference between a nice girl and a flirting girl. You're better off not talking to any of them."