[35] Under the Surface

A/N: A big shoutout to @rainiwonder for the banner she made me up there ^^ <3

Please VOTE !!!

[35] Under the Surface

Massie lounged on a recliner chair near the pool area. She had to hand it to these Everglades people, they sure knew how to live in luxury and their outside swimming area was no exception. It was such a shame that despite the massive swimming pool—and she meant massive—barely anyone came outside to swim in its clear waters or bathe in the glowing sun. What a waste of a great outdoors activity. The pool was even quite interesting in its design, it looked more Olympic than it did recreational.

Adjacent to her laid Ruby who was also soaking up the beautiful rays of sunlight. Despite it being past noon the California sun beamed hotly on their skins. Blair and Raven opted to be more active by swimming laps in the pool. Massie hadn't planned on taking a dip in their home, so she hadn't packed a bathing suit. It was just her luck that Blair was her exact size and happened to own over a gazillion extras.

The fiancées not only each got an unlimited credit card from Stevens, but a private driver that took them shopping wherever they pleased. Blair's obsession happened to be cheeky two pieces and stylish one-pieces. Massie ended up choosing the two-piece, she didn't want the abnormal skin tan most of Blair's one-pieces would form.

Ruby began applying an additional layer of sunscreen and looked to her. "So, did your man show you the pleasures of the power of alpha?" She asked, her tone suggestive.

Massie squinted as she turned to Ruby, the sun was hitting her directly in the face in that direction. "Pleasures? I should've known that's what you and Stevens use it for. And to answer your question no. There was nothing sexual about the experience."

The red-head's interest grew. She leaned closer to better hear. "Ooo, trouble in paradise?"

Massie almost laughed, she could tell Ruby enjoyed hearing drama. After Sebastian left their room he became impossible to find. She had no idea where he went and much less where to navigate in order to find him. Just when she resigned herself to wait for him in the room her door was assaulted by a series of knocks and giggling girls. The trio came to fetch her for their three o' clock swimming.

"Sort of. We had some misunderstandings since I didn't know the implications of asking him to show me that. Did you know you submit yourself to whoever you allow to do that?" Massie felt Ruby had mentioned the power of alpha so casually earlier compared to how serious it was. Granted, since she was technically Sebastian's fiancée Ruby probably thought it was a given.

Ruby nodded. "Of course! It's the main advantage I have over Blair and Raven. Neither of them have requested that of Stevens and I honestly think it makes him and I closer compared to them," she admitted offhandedly. 

Massie noticed how when she spoke of him it was very matter-of-fact. She didn't have the rock-hard dedication that possessed Raven, or the starry-eyed expression she saw overtake other females of the pack when Stevens was around. Massie noticed the way she-wolves around him would try to gain his attention. She wondered why out of all the female fiancées he had none of them were werewolves. All were human.

Just then Blair came out of the pool, sopping wet as her feet slapped upon the titles. "Come and join us, the pool water feels awesome!" she enthused.

Massie glanced at the clear, chlorinated water. She wasn't much of a swimmer but the beating sun was starting to get to her. "Why not."

She got up to join them and Ruby did just as well.  She began to tie up her long red hair when Massie noticed the hickey on her neck. She wasn't the only one. "When did that happen?" Blair asked, suspicious.