Why Is This Happening

~~~~(Amy's POV)~~~~
Hours. Hours of agonizing suspense passed. I heard my mom's and sister's sobs. I just sat there in a trance, paralyzed in my seat. My eyes locked on the doors, waiting....waiting for news. Embry was rubbing my back, but I never looked away from the door, that's separating me an my dad.

"Braddock," I guess I was so deep in thought, I didn't even hear the doctor come in. My mom, sisters, Jake, Embry and I all stood up.

"How is he? Can we see him?" My mom asked on the verge of crying fresh tears. The doctor nodded his head and led us to my father's room. The sight before me, made me want to be sick. My dad looked deathly pale, he was connected to tubes and machines. He looked so fragile, that a single touch would cause him to break.

"May I speak to you for a moment," the doctor took my mom outside the room and closed the door. I heard hushed voices, but since my hearing is heightened than the others their voices were clear as day.

"He has leukemia, we were coming tomorrow morning to start chemotherapy." I heard my mothers soft and scared voice.

"I'm sorry, he is just too weak. I'm afraid he doesn't have much time."

"No please! You have to do something."

"We can try the chemo now, but in his state...it will only make things worse....I'm sorry." After hearing that I felt sick. I placed a hand over my mouth and closed my eyes, trying to hold back the tears.

"I have to go." I stated and turned to leave.

"Amy, you okay?" Jake asked.

"I'm not feeling all that well. I need to go home. I will be back later, bye guys." I didn't want to talk anymore, I had to get out of here. I opened the door and rushed past mom and the doctor. I heard my mom call my name, but I just ignored her. I tried to run, but me being pregnant with a huge belly, not so great. I got in the car and drove home quickly.

Once inside I sit in the living room. I didn't even make it to the couch I just collapsed in the middle of the room. I wrap my arms around myself and burst into tears. I can't take this. 'Why...why is all of this happening? First Billy, and now my dad! No one deserves this kind of pain. I wish there was something that I could do!'

I just kept crying for what seemed like hours. I felt warm arms wrap around my shaking figure, engulfing me in a warm embrace. I look up through my tears eyes to see Embry. His eyes showed sorrow and sympathy.

"Shh...everything's going to be okay. I'm here," Embry cooed sweet nothings in my ear. After awhile my sobs and tears seized, but turned to sniffles. I just laid my head on Embry's chest too tired to move.

"Thank you, Embry" I barely whispered.

"Your welcome, Amy" his deep husky voice tickled my ear. Embry picked me up and placed me on the couch and sat next to me. I started to feel queasy and nauseous.

"Embry can I have a glass of water?"

"Of course," he jumped off the couch and came back in with a bottle of water. "Here" I gladly took it, and drank quite a bit.

"Hey Embry, I'm going to go lie down." He nodded his head and went back to doing whatever he was doing. Once I got up the stairs I had this sour taste in my mouth. My mouth started to water and the sour taste was getting stronger. I placed a hand over my mouth and quickly rushed to the bathroom. I quickly flipped the lid up and released the contents of my stomach. I could taste iron but kept my eyes shut. I couldn't stop vomiting and when I had nothing else to vomit, I was vomiting bile. My body was shaking and aching. My stomach was even hurting. I heard Embry enter the bathroom and rub my back. I felt something trickle out of the corner of my mouth. Thinking it was some vomit I reached for a washcloth and wiped my mouth.

"Oh my god, I need to call Carlisle." Carlisle? Why does he need to call Carlisle. I opened my eyes to see Embry panicking. I looked over at the toilet and saw blood. Nothing but blood was in the toilet. I looked at the washcloth to see blood on it as well. I groaned in pain as my body just ached. Even though my body hurt I was also tired.

I leaned against the wall for support and closed my eyes. I felt a cold hand on my forehead. The cold felt good against my burning hot skin. I felt like I was sweating.

"She's got a fever, we need to get her out of here." I felt myself being lifted. I pretty much drifted off to darkness, not being able to keep my eyes open any longer.
______________________________
I heard hushed voices around me. Ever so slowly, I opened my eyes. I saw Embry, Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Rosalie, pretty much the whole gang.

"Amy?" I heard my name being called. It sounded muffled. I turned to see Carlisle shining a light in my eyes. "How do you feel?"

"Tired," my voice was very hoarse and barely audible.

"Here Amy," I turn and see rose hand me a water bottle. I shake my head no. To be honest I'm not hungry or thirsty.

"Amy you need to drink a little bit. At least a couple of sips." Esme spoke calmly. I reach my shaky hand out for the bottle but dropped it once it was in my hand. Alice caught it and handed it to me.

"Amy, there were some complications with your pregnancy. That's why you puked up and had stomach pain."

"Is my baby okay?" I was worried now.

"More like they are okay." Wait...they? Am I having twins again? Edward snickered and had a smile on his face.

"No Amy, your having triplets." What! Oh dear lord.

"They reacted to your stress. Amy you have to control your emotions especially now when you are due in a couple of weeks."

"Carlisle, I'm not trying to be rude. But when you have a vampire out for revenge, a dad who could possibly die at any moment, a family friend who nearly died. It's hard not to stress, so I can't help it."

"Ok but you are staying here for a few days." I didn't argue knowing I would lose. Embry rubbed his thumb over my knuckles and gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back.

"Carlisle, please don't tell my mom about this."

"Amy.."

"Please, she's under enough stress with my dad being sick. She doesn't need this kind of news."

"Alright." So that's how my fabulous day went.

~~~~(Aro's POV)~~~~
"What's your plan Aro?" Jane asks from the doorway.

"Well my dear, we are going to kill that shifter."

"We know that, but how? She's stronger than us."

"On the contrary, you attack your enemy by their weakness."

"And you know her weakness brother?" Ah Marcus.

"Ah Marcus, as a matter of fact I do. We strike her where it will hurt most. The people she cares about. Then it will be easy from there."

"But we can't attack all of them. Our numbers are small. They'll easily defeat us." Jane adds. I just smile knowing my plan will work.

"We don't have to attack all of them, just the one that means to her the most. Her imprint, that other mutt." And now the plan is set, we have to plan the day this will all take place. And that day is coming closer, I can taste it.
___________________________________
Here's a little bonus chapter for the weekend.
I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Please vote, comment, follow, etc. 💙💜💚