002

A beeping noise came from the kitchen and I got up to go take my leftover food in the microwave.

I took a fork and walk back into the living room and sit on the worn out couch. I was watching Fail Videos on YouTube on my tablet.

I was about to take a bite when my tablet made a ding sound. I click on the notification and saw that it was an email from the law firm!

I click on it and it says,

Hello miss Teixeira, we would like you to come for an interview with us, Monday October 5 at 2pm. See you then!

"AHHHHHHHHH!"

OH MY GOD! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE FREAKING JOB!

Well, I didn't get it yet it's just an interview. But still!

"SHUT THE FUCK UP DOWN THERE!"

That ladies and gentlemen is Kevin, a seven year old boy who lives upstairs with his mom.

I turned off my tablet and walk inside my bedroom to find an outfit to wear for the interview. A year ago my sister, she's 22 years older than me, she sent me a few of her clothes because they were too small for her. I'm grateful for that.

I pull the huge box under my bed and open it. There were a few pencil skirts and blouses, a pair of trousers, two blazers, a few jeans and shirts, and a coat. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw the coat. I recognize it, it used to be mom's. How come I didn't see it before? I pick it up and smiled once I smelled it. It smelled like detergent instead of mom's perfume. I left it there and took the other ones. I took the other clothes and went downstairs on the basement to wash them. I'm so glad there's a washing machine and a washer in the building it would've been too expensive to go to the local one. I heard a few laughs outside on my way back to my apartment so I quickly walk inside and locked the door.

While the clothes were downstairs I started cleaning the small kitchen. It was the biggest room in the house. I put all the dirty dishes in the sink and then put the bowls and plates and other utensils where they needed to be. I made a disgusting face once I saw the counter. It was dirty and sticky. I washed the dishes then mopped the whole apartment. Afterwards I was so tired, and my body was a bit sore. I went back down in the basement and put the clothes in the dryer.

I walk back upstairs and took a shower. I put on a night gown and brushed my hair and put it in two braids. The clothes took an hour to dry so I went to get them then ironed them all, except for the jeans of course.

I went to bed around 8 and I fell asleep right away. What a tiring day.

______

The interview went better than I expected. The lady who interviewed me, Marsha, was a lovely lady in her late 40's. She made me feel comfortable. Marsha also told me that we wouldn't see each other much because of my job position. I was confused and I almost jumped out of my seat once she told me that my job position was the CEO's Secretary. It was even better! Not only is the pay amazing, I get to have my own office!

"You start October 12."

__________

This is it.

First day at work.

I exhale and open the glass door. It was beautiful inside. I've never been anywhere so beautiful and fancy. There were glasses everywhere. Glass doors, glass mirrors. Glass everything. Even the elevator was made up of glass. I look at the paper I have in my hand and saw that my office was on the 5th floor. I walk to the elevator and I was glad that I wasn't the only one taking it. I don't know how to use one. The guy next to me pressed on 5 and he looked at me.

"What floor miss?"

"The same floor." He nodded and moved back. Twenty seconds later we were there and I walked out. The guy waved and walked away.

I look at a sign on the wall, it says 'receptionist' on the left. I walk there and I saw a woman typing on her computer and talking on the phone at the same time. I walk towards her and waited. A minute later she hang up and looked at me with a smile. "Hi!"

"Hi. So I got-"

"You're the new secretary! Hi, I'm Jenna. Nice too me you." I took her held out hands and shake it. Wow, she's totally not like the ones I've seen in most movies.

"I'm Natália."

"I like your accent." I have a Brazilian accent, its not really strong like my mom and sister but its still there. I was born in the US but I was raised in Brazil by my grandmother.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now follow me. I'm going to show you your little office. It's really nice."

I follow her and then she stopped in front of a door. She opened and I couldn't help but grin like a Cheshire cat.

There's a cherry desk that seems almost superfluous, since there's no paperwork to be seen. A deep burgundy leather desk chair, that reclines to an almost obscene angle. The absence of overhead light casts shadows into the corners, spilling under the desk and over top the framed black-and-white pictures on the wall.

"Do you like it? Mr. Armando had me decorate it." Yes that's his name, Alaric Armando.

I smile at her. "Thank you. I love it."

"Well, he's not here today. It's his day off. But he left you some work to do." I nodded and followed her out of my office.

She showed me how to use the printer, because the ones they have here are pretty complicated. Then she showed how to set up the files. She showed me how to manage office paper work and what to say when I'm answering the phone. After showing me around and showing me how to do more things, I went back to my office with work to do.

I already know that this is an awesome job and it's going to be great!

____

Omg guys! I can't believe this story got 120 something reads in less than a day. When I saw it i was like, "WTF! This is awesome!" I was so happy I wanted to post a new chapter, ASAP!!!! I hope you guys enjoyed it.