006

Six months later

"Thanks again miss Teixeira." Mr. Armando said to me as I exit his office.

I walk back into my office to eat my lunch.

This job is the best I've ever had. The pay is really good and I'm so happy and blessed that I have it. Now I don't really have to worry about my bills and rent...much. I pay them on time now. Next month I'm thinking of buying a TV.

I finish my lunch and went back to work. I replied back to emails. I started preparing Mr. Armando's agenda. He has a meeting in an hour so I made a list of all the attendees and gave it to the security guard for safety. I went inside the conference room to see if everything was ready.

Equipments. Check. Refreshments. Check. Spare copies of papers. Check.

I look at the time and saw that it was time for the representatives to be here. When they got here I took notes.

After the meeting I went back to my office. I sent emails, and answered phone calls.

When it was time for me to go home I left. When I was walking to my apartment building I saw the ambulance and the police. A man was handcuffed. One of the police officers shoved him in the car and closed the door. I shake my head and walk upstairs. I open my door and walked in after locking it of course.

I took my shoes off and walk into the kitchen. I made myself some soup and ate it. I took a bath and went to bed. So glad tomorrow is Saturday. No waking up early.

....

The next day it was raining cats and dogs out. I had a cup of coffee and a bagel for breakfast. After that I cleaned my extremely messy apartment. I didn't have time to clean it during the week. My room is worse. Clothes on the floor. I don't even know which ones are dirty or which ones are clean. I took them and smelled them to see. Most of them were clean. I put them back where they belong and put the other stuff in place.

I didn't have food and I wanted to cook pasta for dinner, so I put my coat and boots on and left to go to the grocery store down the street.

I bought pasta and ingredients for it. I also bought other things that I needed. I was looking at the lemons when a guy probably around my age walked towards me.

"Hi." He said. He had an accent. I couldn't put my finger on it.

I looked at him and said hi back.

"My name is Charles and I was just looking at you over there and I thought that you were the most exquisite thing I have ever seen."

Wow.

"Oh, thank you." I smile at him. That was very sweet of him.

"No problem. Bye now." With that he left and I was standing there looking at him.

I shrugged and put some lemons in a bag and put them on my cart.

.....

"Natália? Is that you?" A familiar voice said behind. I turned around to see Mark standing with a huge smile on his face.

"Mark!" He laughed and opened his arms. I ran up to him and hugged him. I haven't seen him since he graduated. Which was 2 years ago. He is this really nice guy I met in one of my classes in college. (A/N: Max is not Mark. Ik its confusing)

We pulled away and we looked at each other. He had changed. He let his facial hair grow and I must say he looks very handsome.

"Wow! I never thought that I would see you here."

"I always come here on Sundays." I told him as I take a seat on a bench nearby.

He nodded. "So how have you been?"

"Well, I got a job as a secretary at a law firm and it's amazing. "

"Good for you!"

"Thank you. How 'bout you?"

"Well, I still work for my brother." I nodded and we talked about what he's been doing the past 2 years. He broke up with his girlfriend from high school. I was shocked because these two were inseparable. I never met her but he was always talking about her. "Want to go get some coffee? It's a bit cold." He said. I nodded and we both walked to the nearest coffee shop nearby. I wanted to pay for my own but he insisted on paying for mine.

We walked back to the park and I saw Mr. Armando. He was seating on the bench Mark and I were seating on earlier. He was typing on his phone. "Hey, that's my bother."

Mr. Armando is Mark's older brother?
"He's your brother?"

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

"I didn't know that my boss was your brother."

His eyes lit up. "You work for my brother?"

"Yeah. You never told me you worked in a law firm."

He shrugged. "You never asked." He grabbed my shoulders from behind and said, "let's go say hi to him."

Mr. Armando saw us and he smile it he also had an confused look on his face. "Hey Mark," he looked at me surprised. "Miss Teixeira."

"Hello Mr. Armando."

"Sup Alaric."

"Good. You guys know each other?" Ala- I mean Mr Armando asked.

"Obviously." Mark laughed.

Mr. Armando chuckled and said. "No, I meant how do you guys know each other?"

"Same major in college." Mark explained. Mr. Alaric nodded. His phone vibrated and he frowned as he looks at the screen. "I have to go. See you guys tomorrow." We both waved at him and he left.

Mark and I talked to each other for a while then we both went our separate ways.

I went home and made hot chocolate. I drink it as I read a book.

I went to bed early because my eyes were burning after I stopped reading.

.....

Boring chapter.