043

4 months later.

We all make promises we can't keep. When you fall in love someone you tell them you love them and that you care about them. That you would never do anything to hurt them. But those are empty promises. But at some point they always get hurt.

I can think of millions of ways of losing someone you love deeply. To me one of the worst ones is when you get cheated on.

I don't understand why people cheat.

You don't want to be with someone anymore, tell them. Don't break their heart and cheat on them when you could've just ended the relationship.

Being cheated on is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Lately Al has been spending a lot of time at work. More than usual, actually. He would go early and come really late. We barely talk on the phone and we barely see each other. There's always a meeting, or lunch with an important client. I didn't believe him. The same thing happened everyday.

This afternoon I decided to go and visit him at his apartment. I wore his perfume and got all dressed up for him.

But when the elevator opened up to his living room I was shocked when I saw the scene in front of me.

Alaric was on top of a blonde lady kissing her.

The bottle of wine in my hands collapsed on the floor.

It startled them and they both pulled away. Alaric's eyes widened in shock. He quickly got off the woman and ran towards.

I backed away slowly and then shook my head.

"Wow." I didn't know what else to say

Alaric ran his hand through his hair and let out a sigh. "Nat-"

"Is she the reason why I barely see you anymore?"

From behind him I could see the woman putting her clothes back on. Her back was facing us so I couldn't see her face.

Alaric looks down shamefully and nodded. "Yes."

"Who is she?" I ask him in a low voice.

"Abigail."

Abigail? As in his ex fiance Abigail?

I can't believe this.

I shake my hand and walk to the elevator before he could reach me. I press on lobby and waited for it to close. But Mr. Speedy Gonzalez had to come between it before it closes.

"listen to me Nat."

I wiped my nose and backed away my tears. I will not let him see me cry. No.

"You did what you promised me you would never do to me." I tell him in a low voice. "I don't want to hear from you. Get out of my way."

Alaric shakes his head and run his fingers through his hair. He steps inside the elevator and tried to hold me but I backed away. I don't want his filthy hands to touch me.

"Nat please listen to me. Let me explain." His voice cracked.

I scoff at that. Let me explain? Really?
I shake my head and pushed back my tears once again.

"There's nothing for you to explain, Alaric. We're done." I pushed him and let the elevator close.

What broke me even more was the look of sadness he had on his face. He knows that he's lost me for good. I don't tolerate cheating.

Once I reach the lobby I ran out of the building into the streets of New York.

"Nat!"

I look behind me to see Alaric running while trying to put his shirt on.

I quickly hail a cab and got in it.

"Just drive." I tell the driver.

I look back at Alaric and saw tears fall out of his eyes.

...........

I tried to go more in depth but I couldn't.

Guys I'm in serious need of a co-writer. If you reading this message me.

But yeah, the next chapter is about to be pretty sad. :(

And theeeeeeeeen the exciting part comes!!!! I've been waiting for this.

Y'ALL BOUTA BE SHOOOOOK AS FUCK!!!!!

I hope hehehehe.