045

This book is coming to an end.... :(

Five years later.

"Ladies and gentlemen we are five minutes from JFK International airport. Please make sure to fastened your seatbelts and your lap trays are up. Thank you." The flight attendant annouced.

I closed my laptop and carefully put it in my carry-on. I look over at the little girl next to me and shake her softly.

"Harper? Sweetie wake up." I tell her and push her soft hair back.

"No." She groaned.

I smile and then an idea popped into my head.

"Tickle monster is coming!"

She gasped loudly and opened her chocolate brown eyes. "I'm awake! I'm awake!"

I laugh along with the lady seating next to us. "Is she your daughter?" She asks.

I shook my head. "I wish. She's my best friend's daughter."

"Ohh. She's very cute." She tells me.

"She is."

...........

The taxi driver helps me with my luggage out of his trunk and bid his goodbyes. I adjust my Louis Vuitton bag on my shoulder and drag two medium sized Louis Vuitton suitcases behind me to the lobby.

I say hello to the door man I've become accustomed to and made my way to the elevator. I adjust my sunglasses and pressed on the arrow going up. It made a 'ding' sound once it opened. I was glad it was empty. I pressed on number 5 and waited for the door to close. I sigh out loud and then smiled.

It's good to be back.

I was in London for two weeks for work purposes. I had meetings with suppliers and decided to stay for an extra week to be with my sister and her family.

About three and a half years ago I decided to have my own online store. I named it "Chez Natália". Kind of lame I know. Jenna made sure to tease me about it for months. It pretty much sells everything that everybody wears nowadays. Bomber jackets, chokers, suede hats and high knee boots, and home decors.

Then last year I opened my first store in SoHo, Manhattan. It skyrocketed quickly. People would come in and out 24/7. Since then I've been going back in forth from NY to England for meetings with retailers.

The elevator opens and I stepped out. I pull out my keys and open my apartment door. I leave my suitcases by the door and took my loafers off. I smile softly and walk in to the kitchen to get something to drink.

I pour myself some wine and walk to my balcony. I smile in content once I feel the breeze in my hair. I lift up the glass of wine and looked at it.

This is his favorite wine. I don't blame him because it tastes amazing.

I remember after we broke up I was miserable. It was a struggle for me to get out of bed. I hardly spoke and when I did it was about him and I would cry even more. I didn't talk to anyone and never left the apartment.

I remember Mark coming to my old apartment and telling me how miserable Al was too. He wouldn't eat, go to work. "It tore him apart, and it was like he was a shell of his old self" I remember Jenna say to me.

It broke my heart but then I realized that I was an independent woman who doesn't a man. I was broke for a while because I had quit my job as his secretary. I sent him my resignation letter through email and blocked him on everything.