015

..........

We step out of the car, cameras flashing everywhere. There were people posing while the paparazzi were taking pictures of them. Mr. Alaric wrap his arm around me and put my head on his chest as we walk towards the mansion.

The mansion's huge. The music was blaring through the speakers. You could hear it from a mile away.

There were more than 100 people. All of them were wearing fancy clothes and jewelry. Even the food looked fancy.

"Thank you." I hear Mr. Alaric say next to me. I look at him to see him giving one of the waiters the gift he brought for the birthday man or woman.

"Let's go find my friend Marcus." He said.

"Who's Marcus?" I asked.

"The birthday boy." Then he looked at the entrance and said, "there he is." He took my arm and we walked towards the really handsome man.

He has dark hair falling across a light-skinned face, and pale, curious-coloured eyes flashed through the crowd of people. His jaw was firm and strong, and his nose long but slightly crooked. He looked around the room then he saw us walking towards him. He smiles widely.

"Alaric." They both chuckled and gave each other a man hug.

"Marcus. How's it going man?"

"Good. Good." Then he turned and looked at me. "Who's this gorgeous lady?"

"This is Natália. She's my date."

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"Likewise." He said his eyes still looking at me. Alaric cleared his throat and Marcus looked away. "Well, have fun you two. I'm going to say hi to the others."

....

I was bored. Very bored. Mr. Alaric was talking to a few guy he knows. I was sipping on my wine looking around, pretending that I'm having fun. I felt out of place. I didn't really have anyone to talk to.

"Natália, right?" Someone said next to me. I look at the person and I was shocked.

It was Abigail.

Mr. Alaric's ex-fiancé. And she was pregnant.

"Yes. Abigail, right?"

She laughed. "Yes. You know Marcus?"
Shit! I don't know if I should tell her that I'm here with Mr. Alaric.

I shook my head. I was going say something to her when someone else said,

"No, she's with me." I thought it was Mr. Alaric but that person's voice sounded nothing like Alaric's.

It was Miles.

I smiled at him and mouthed a 'thank you' to him. He smiled and said hi to Abigail. We both congratulates her. Then her Miles talked for a while then Marcus went up the stage for his speech.

It lasted two minutes then everybody sat on their assigned seats to eat. The food was divine. I didn't see Mr. Alaric since he left to talk to those guys. Maybe he saw Abigail and left. Speaking of the devil. I saw her seating next to a man, he was whispering into her ears and she was blushing the whole time.

Miles and I talked throughout the night and he was being very nice. He wanted to go on another date and I told him that I will have to think about it.

There was a chauffeur waiting for me. He said that Mr. Alaric told him to drop me off at the hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel I thanked the driver and walked inside the lobby.

When I was on the floor my room was in I knocked on Mr. Alaric's door but I didn't hear a thing. I used my keys to open the door.

His room was empty. He was no where in sight.

I went to sleep that night worrying about Alaric.

.....

Ik this is EXTREMELY short but I wanted to post something. Like I've been so lazy this week like I don't even want to get out of bed. I'm sorry if this chapter sucked.