TWO: New Life & Carrier Practice

The age old question for us Kanmusu: what happens when we sink?
The answer: we turn into Abyssals, just to go out and kill more of us. Even I have to admit, the Abyssals were smart with this. Making us, them and not making them, us.
In better news though, contact has been established between us, Germany, and Russia. Germany has started its own Kanmusu program, and Russia will be helping by allocating resources to our program.
We have yet to establish any means of connection with Japan, which would be a great help in the war, due to their prior naval success.
However, due to news of recent Abyssal sightings in China and eastern Russia, we have reason to believe Japan is at a stalemate with the force, or they have been eliminated entirely.
Letter to the President of General Affairs of the Kanmusu Navy, dated 18/1/20, from USS Pennsylvania.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I push open the door to the carrier practice are-you know, we really need a name for this!
I enter the practice field (That works), watching Wasp fire off some fighters at some targets that were suspended out above the ocean.
She fires off the arrow, it burning up into three plane. The planes fired art the targets, obliterating two of the three targets that were set up.
I smile, picking up my bow and quiver, slinging that over my shoulder. "Good job, Wasp."
Wasp jolts backward, drawing her bow towards me. She lowers it once she realizes it was me. "Geez, Enterprise...scared me to death." She walks over to a chair, sitting down on it. "Go ahead; runway's clear."
I nod, knocking an arrow on the end of my bow. I fire it off, watching the three fighters sail through the sky, firing at the last target, splitting it clean in two.
I look back at Wasp, seeing her nodding. "You're doing well. Looks perfect."
I shake my head, putting my bow down. "The dream of target practice is to split the target in two, straight through the middle." I put my bow over my shoulder, running a hand through my silvery hair.
The door opens again, Lexington standing there. "Put your stuff away; Pennsylvania wants everyone in the courtyard."
I nod, setting my bow up on the rack, setting my quiver by it. "You know what about?"
Lex leans up against the wall, shrugging. "Probably what you said, but," she shakes her head. "I don't know."
I step out of the practice area, holding the door for the others. "Maybe it is. Those I-Classe"s are elites after all."