SIX: Crossbow and Alabama

I follow Langley's directions out a week later, quietly sneaking my way in during the night.
I open the door, seeing Yorktown sitting at the desk, reading. "Enterprise." She says, not redirecting her gaze to me.
I enter the room, shutting the door. "How you holding up?"
She shrugs, murmuring to herself. "I'm fine. How's Lexington?"
I move to Langley's bed, lifting it up. "Better than before, so," I heave the bed up further, seeing the crossbow and arrows. "That's awesome."
I take the bow and arrows, letting the bed fall back down. "Crud, I forgot the other thing..." I lift it back up, pulling out the piece of armor that Langley said was also down there.
I dropped the bed, sitting on it, reading the inscription on the armor.
Victory costs. Every time you pay a little more.
I can tell instantly that Langley wrote this herself. The handwriting is the exact same as the letter.
I walk over to Yorktown, holding it out for her. "When did she make this?" I set it on the table, letting York examine it.
She picks it up, turning it over. "I don't remember when she did this..." She hands it up to me. "Take it to Penn. She'll probably know what to do."
I nod, snatching up the armor. "Try and help Lex please." She nods, standing up. "I'll try." She walks out, probably going to my room. I follow her out, buy him going to Pennsylvania's quarters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I arrive about five minutes later, hearing voices from inside.
"Well...ma'am, we were almost dead if she hadn't shown up! I'm sorry, but I think my actions in getting...her on the line." That was Alabama.
Pennsylvania responds coarsely. "I'm sorry, but you almost revealed something very confidential to everyone else." I hear her sigh. I open the door a crack, peering inside, seeing Alabama leaning over Penn's desk. "Look, we would have lost half of our non-super carriers if she hadn't shown up when she di-"
"This isn't a matter of when she showed up, it's a matter if you breaking very strict protocol!" She yelled at her. "Three days on room arrest, and a month without any engagements is the minimum for breaking that protocol, and for disobeying the first order, that a another day on that room arrest total."
I blink, opening the door fully. "Ma'am, Alabama saved my life." I pause. "Both with calling...her, I guess, and by herself. I wouldn't be here without her."
Pennsylvania nods. "I understand that, Enterprise, but rules are rules." She pulls out a paper, handing it to the battleship. "This is effective immediately, so this is your first day on this."
Alabama takes the paper reluctantly, sighing. "Yes ma'am." She walks out, probably going to her room. Penn turns her attention to me. "So, why are you here?"
I hold out the piece of Langley's armor. She takes it, studying it. "She definitely wrote this herself...Enterprise, did you hear you are getting a Mark II update?"
I nod. "Langley gave me her Mark II crossbow."
Penn blinks, looking at me. "Her Mark II...She was still using her Mark I bow and planes?" She smirks. "She had guts. That's pretty...cool..."
She clears her throat, looking st me. "You'll be getting your Mark II at 1200. Get something to eat first." She sets the armor piece on her desk. "I'll add this to your Outfit."