The Battle of Lance I

"Now entering engagement range!" I shout to the others, slowing myself to a stop. "Carriers, our stop is here..."
Montana pulls up next to me. "We'll be giving them what for, count on that." She chuckles a bit. "You three better do the same!"
The three battleships say their farewells to us before they speed off into the battle. Us three give them fighter coverage before that though, just to be safe.
Ranger glances around, looking like she's trying to find something. "Hmmm..."
"What is it?" I ask, tilting my head to her.
She pulls some fighters onto her bow, shutting her eyes. "Arizona, what's their carrier force?"
"One Wo-Class. Flagship and Mark II status. We believe a number three."
Ranger nods. "Okay, thanks." She lets her fighters fly, starting to back up. "They know we're here!"
I look up at her fighters, seeing them dodging out of the way of something, until I see Abyssal fighters start to poke their way out of the clouds.
"Dang it!" I start to reverse too, firing off my own fighters as I do. "What spotted us!?"
Saratoga lets off her fighters too, looking around the sky. "Nothing!" She glances at the distance, right above the water next, then right below us. "...Submarine...Everyone! Split up!"
I nod, putting myself into a full speed run right towards the main battle. The others split off to either side of me. I start to hear the faraway sounds of explosions, bombs, and torpedoes.
Then a faint splashing from behind me.
Boom!