She Who Adored the Good Doctor

I awoke with a gasp and a sharp intake of air. I was in bed, again. This time I woke up alone. I slowly sat up and glanced around me. I ran my hand over my face well aware that I had somehow been sucked into one of my favorite novels. I tried to figure out whether or not this was a good thing since I was a big reverse harem fan or if it was a bad thing because I was by no means Sang Sorenson and these guys were in love with her and not me. Well, I think some of them were in love with her. I had my doubts about a few.

Not to mention I wondered what my presence was going to do to affect the story. Would they leave Sang or wait for her to return and me to go back where I belong? Would the books end and leave me sad that I had accidentally destroyed a good thing by somehow killing CL's muse?

Or would I be stuck here forever, alone in a world that shouldn't theoretically exist?

I think that is what frightened me the most.

I stood up and moved to the window looking outside at everything and nothing. I immediately knew, somehow, when I was no longer alone. I ignored the presence at first. I wasn't sure why, but still I waited.

"Pookie?"

I sighed as the voice washed over me. It was as smooth as I had always imagined it to be. When I could feel the heat of his body right behind me I turned around and looked up at Dr. Sean Green. My heart stopped, and I supposed it was a good thing that a doctor was in the house.

"Why all the fuss, Pookie? Your eyes look perfectly fine."

I looked at him startled. That didn't make sense. I read the books. I knew Sang's eyes were green and mine were definitely not that. I tilted my head to the side and looked at him curiously and I had to be careful not to stare as he was in my top four out of all the guys.

"Take a seat, Sang. Let me make sure the boys are crazy before I speak to them about this."

I nodded and cautiously went to take a seat on the bed. Dr. Green followed behind me and had me raise my chin while he shined a light into my eyes momentarily blinding me. After a few moments of sightlessness he sighed.

"I'm not an ophthalmologist sweetheart, but I don't see anything wrong with your eyes. The boys say they did and that you did as well. Can you describe what you saw to me?"

I had a brief second to wonder whether or not they had told him anything, about my screaming and mental breakdown but knew my meanderings were silly. Of course, they told him everything. They didn't keep secrets from each other. Still, I couldn't help my curiosity.

"Didn't the boys tell you?"

"They did." Dr. Green confirmed, "but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to hear your pretty voice tell me again."

I smiled.