She Who Swiftly Made Her Exit

I saw Mr. Blackbourne's eyes narrow and I wondered if my question came out flippant. I didn't have a death wish, but apparently that wasn't entirely obvious.

"The question is why did you appear now?" Mr. Blackbourne looked at me as if I had the answer, but I really didn't. So I merely shrugged. His guess was probably as good as mine.

A knock on the door drew my attention and so I did what any person would do under the circumstances. "Come in." The door opened revealing none other than Gabriel Coleman. I saw him earlier, but hadn't really had time to enjoy it as Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Green wanted to get through all the guys as swiftly as possible. However, Gabriel came back and it didn't take a whole new day for it to happen. I had to take advantage.

My eyes lit up and I threw my arms open and said, "Hugs!"

Gabriel grinned and slipped into the room and moved toward me. I rose to my feet and let myself wrap my arms around Gabriel's neck. His arms slipped around my waist and pulled me close.

Now, Sang has this claim that Silas gives the best hugs. And while it was true that I had only hugged Victor, Dr. Green, and Gabriel thus far I didn't believe her. There was nothing that could be better than one of Gabriel's hugs. Having one was the beginning of an addiction. You had to have another and another and another until you were in a completely boneless heap of satisfaction. Given this information I was not happy to have my Gabriel cuddle time interrupted.

"Mr. Coleman, we were still having a conversation with Miss Sorenson."

"I know Mr. B, but North's fucking head is going to explode if we don't bring her out soon. Kota sent me in to ask were you guys finished."

"Oh no." I interjected in a purposefully wooden voice. "North is upset. I must go and check on him." I moved toward the door quickly expecting to be stopped, but surprisingly I wasn't. I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

:::

Sean raised his head torn between laughing and crying. The good doctor looked at Owen the second Sang exited the room only to find Owen waiting for him to do exactly that. Sean ran a hand through his hair.

"What are we going to do? I didn't realize that her step-mother's abuse affected her this much. We've taken for granted her cheerful disposition. Another personality?" Sean shook his head. "We need to get her into therapy and soon."

"I want to put that off, Sean."

Sean shook his head immediately. "No. DID is nothing to play with Owen. She needs treatment now."

"I don't think she has DID. She has never exhibited any sort of symptoms before now and we would have noticed it. There's something more going on here Sean, and if we try to get her treatment we're not going to find out what it is."

Sean took a step towards Owen his face hardening uncharacteristically. "I'm not going to let you put her in danger because you're curious."

"Do you not trust me, Sean?"

The question took Sean off guard because he hadn't realized that was where he was going with the whole conversation.

"I do trust you Owen, but this is not something we can take lightly. We have to get her to a hospital or in to see a psychiatrist."

Owen fell silent for a time and then he nodded his head.

"Alright. We'll get her to go to the hospital and have them check her over. We'll eliminate the possibility that she's having some sort of serious health issue and possibly teasing us all, then we'll eliminate the possibility of DID.

After that, trust me when I tell you that I believe it will be beneficial if we wait and watch the new Miss Sorenson before we make any further decisions. We don't want to jump the gun. She's hiding something Sean. We need to know what that is. Trust me when I say I would never do anything to hurt her. However, the fact remains that she knows she's a ghost. Who told her that and why? Has Volto reappeared? Because she did say that someone told her. These are things we have to find out, Sean."

Sean fell silent well aware that he had the feeling she was hiding something too. The way she spoke made him think she was leaving things out, but he couldn't figure out exactly what it was. She was very different from his Sang in that way. He didn't think that Sang was teasing them, though. She tried to be very careful with all of them.

Perhaps that why he didn't know she felt something was missing in their relationship...

Sean shook his head. He couldn't think about that right now. He had to focus on making sure she was healthy, physically and mentally.

"Fine. But if she does anything in the meantime to harm herself in anyway then-"

"I understand. We won't let that happen. Miss Sorenson will be well protected, even from herself."

Sean sighed. "How do you plan on getting her to the hospital?"

Mr. Blackbourne gave Dr. Green his famous millimeter smile.