She Who Was Believed

"What the fuck kind of trouble are you into now, Trouble?"

My eyes lit up when I saw Gabriel looking at me and waving a movie back and forth in his hands. I heard Nathan groan and I rose to my feet with a grin on my face. I wrapped my arms around Gabriel holding him tightly before releasing him.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Fuck yes."

I nearly squealed. I grabbed his hand and started dragging him towards the nearest television. He laughed at my enthusiasm and before long we were settled before the TV engrossed in the movie.

The man in black and Inigo Montoya had just met when Gabriel turned to me and asked, "Are you ok?" I looked around and noted that Nathan and Silas had disappeared. Academy business, most likely. It bothered me though that they hadn't come to say goodbye. I shook my head slightly at my thoughts. I should be glad that they hadn't come to say goodbye. I needed to keep my distance.

And yet I snuggled a little closer to Gabriel and lay my head on his shoulder. His arm settled around my shoulders and I sighed a bit.

"Was I wrong to tell him Gabriel?"

"I agree that he needed to know Trouble, but f me if he didn't look like a deer in headlights when you started talking."

I groaned. "I messed up. I think he's gone for good, Gabriel."

"Nah, no one could walk away from you."

I wasn't so sure about that. I still had serious doubts about Nathan. "Don't worry about it. It will work out in the end."

I reached for his hand and our fingers interlaced. "I hope so."

"You hope what?" Gabriel and I turned our head toward the new arrival. I jumped to my feet when I saw Dr. Green. He looked terrible. I rushed over towards him and wrapped my arm around his waist and urged him to lean on me.

"Are you alright? Was it Volto?"

I had no idea how much things had changed since my arrival and just the thought of one of them being harmed because of my untimely arrival made my stomach churn.

Dr. Green chuckled a little and was followed inside by Mr. Blackbourne, who didn't look so great himself.

"I'm afraid he's dealing with a monster of his own making." I looked up at Dr. Green and continued to help him sit down. When he was comfortable sat between him and Gabriel and looked at him anxiously causing him to eventually say, "Relax Sang. I'll be alright."

I glanced at Mr. Blackbourne, who nodded which made me relax marginally. Victor walked inside and smiled at me before frowning slightly.

"Where is everyone?" Victor inquired.

I looked at him, surprised. What did he mean by that? Where they all coming over? Was Kota...?

"This meeting isn't for the whole team." Mr. Blackbourne said and glanced in my direction. "As of right now the only person we're missing is Silas and he should return shortly."

"What's going on?" I questioned and answers soon followed.

"Miss Sorenson, I believe you when you say you aren't our Miss Sorenson.  However, I no longer believe you are a manifestation of her mind." My eyes grew large. He believed I wasn't Sang? He didn't think I belonged in a mental institution. That was a great relief. However, when I glanced at Dr. Green, I was certain he didn't quite share his sentiments.

"Why do you believe that?"

"It's mostly instinct, but there are also the words Miss Sorenson said to me privately at the hospital the previous day. " His words caught Dr. Green's attention and mine as well. What had Sang said to him?

"What did she say?" The question didn't come from me, but rather from Victor who was very obviously become more and more alarmed by the second at our conversation.

"She asked me whether or not she was family. After I confirmed that she was she said, 'Trust your family.'"