She Who Was Misunderstood

Eventually, I stopped crying. Dr. Green released me, and Mr. Blackbourne produced a handkerchief and I mopped my face with it. After I calmed down, I could hear a ruckus coming from the other room letting me know the boys were getting restless which was something I should have known would happen. North hadn't exactly taken the whole 'eye' situation well. For a few seconds, I thought he was going to cry but he smoothly managed to mask his fear and uncertainty in anger. He demanded I go to the hospital, but I wasn't trying to hear that.

My mind drifted back to the boys when I heard North shouting. I knew I was the only one who would be able to calm them down so I looked at Mr. Blackbourne inquiringly. "Not yet, Miss Sorenson. As you have yet to tell me the complete story. I still wish to know your theory regarding your eyes."

My mouth literally dropped open as an open invitation to flies. I was right. Evasion was a tactic that wouldn't work on the man. I was certain I had dropped a big enough bomb to get one over on him, but apparently, Mr. Blackbourne was some sort of genius who mentally notated every detail. I was amazed. He was in my top four guys as well which served to let me know that I should probably keep my distance from him unless I wanted to suffer the consequences.

I didn't want to tell him that I was a completely different person from another world. I didn't want them deciding that Sang needed to be locked away and the key thrown away-especially since I was the current resident of her body. So, I decided to see if my half-truth theory worked on Mr. Blackbourne as well.

"I believe the color of my eyes is equivalent to my feelings—not Sang's for all of you."

Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne exchanged a glance. Mr. Blackbourne simply looked at me and I knew he was waiting for more details. I rolled my eyes internally while sighing blissfully. A smart man was a wonderful thing.

"If my eyes are completely blue when I look at you it means that I have no particular fondness for you. I don't hate you, but nor do I like you. If one eye is blue and the other is green then I believe I'm falling into Sang's way of thinking but something is holding me back. And of course, if they're green then I agree wholeheartedly with Sang in her choice of guys."

It didn't take long for Dr. Green to ask the question that I knew was coming.

"But wait, the shade of green of your eyes is different when you look from me to Owen. Why is that?"

I looked to Mr. Blackbourne to see if I could get away with not answering that question. At his responding look I wondered why I bothered in the first place. He was a full disclosure type of man. "It's because while Sang and I agree that you're a good match for Sang, to me there's something missing in your relationship with her, but I adore you anyway."

I said nothing when Dr. Green turned his gaze away from me. I hadn't expected him to take that well. Yet still for some reason it hurt. Maybe, that's how he felt when I tried to tug my hand out of his earlier. I wanted to reach for him, but Mr. Blackbourne drew my attention with his next question before I could build up the courage.

"Are you a more dominant personality?"

I blinked at that trying to figure out what exactly he was talking about. And then I realized he thought Sang had multiple personality disorder. I opened my mouth to correct him, but thought better of it. His explanation was a lot better than mine, and probably, given Sang's past, more believable.

"If I was, don't you think you would have seen me before today?"