She Who Used Manipulation

Victor gasped and pulled his hands away from mine, but I automatically reached for him and held firm. I shook my head at him. "No. Don't deny what I'm saying Victor. Accept it. Sang thinks you're one hell of a guy because you are one." Not thinking I brought his hands to my lips and kissed them lightly.

"If I were Sang, I'd romance the hell out of you and keep you at my side."

I watched a small smile appear on Victor's lips. "For how long?"

"Forever."

I watched a little fascinated by Victor's face as it turned a mottled shade of red. I saw him glance at Dr. Green obviously asking for help, but Dr. Green was too busy laughing and moaning in agony to be of assistance.

The mix of Dr. Green's agony and pleasure tore my gaze away from Victor and back to the good doctor. "Are you going to tell me what happened to you?" Dr. Green's laughter abated, and I sensed an evasion coming on and sought to avoid it. "We are people of action Dr. Green. Lies do not become us."

I saw his eyes widen and I crawled back to him and sat at his feet. I didn't say anything further, but instead I pulled his shoes off his feet and placed them on my lap. I slipped his socks off and tossed them aside and automatically began kneading his feet.

"Talk to me." I murmured, and in response, he groaned. He didn't give me an answer, and I wasn't ready to push further than what I was. I wanted to see what would happen if I stopped. So I did.

"Sang," Dr. Green grumbled in displeasure. I had to work to not grin at him. Instead, I blinked up at him innocently, and he didn't by the look for a minute because Sang couldn't fake innocence to save her life. I trailed my fingers over his toes that were immaculately groomed. I didn't know how I felt about that. I knew I wouldn't like it if he had gnarled monster feet. If that were the case, I wouldn't have been able to bring myself to touch them.

Because eww.

"So, what happened to you last night?" I trailed a light finger over the bottom of his foot fully aware that this was manipulation. I didn't feel guilty about this though because there were moments in the book that I swore that the guys were using their beauty to manipulate Sang.

Like there was this one time that Luke just stared at Sang with his pretty eyes and she couldn't pull her gaze away from him and because she couldn't she missed a vital piece of information that was going on.

I resumed my foot massage and was startled immobile by the answer, "I had too much to drink last night."

I couldn't believe my ears. That wasn't the Dr. Green I knew and loved.

What happened?