She Who Saw Deal Breakers

"Honestly? I don't know how it happened. I can't even recall what I was doing before I got here."

I had tried wracking my brain and the last few days before I ended up in Sang's world I could remember clearly, but the day I arrived my mind was a blank slate. I wasn't sure what that meant although there was a part of me that suspected that Sang was hiding my memories from me. I didn't get the significance of that but I was hoping I did when I returned home.

I saw Victor's amazement as he stared at me. "When did you get here?" I flushed embarrassed at the reminder of my arrival. Waking up in bed with him and Nathan and then being bold enough to go back to sleep after like I belong with them.

"I haven't been here long." I hedged not wanting to go into specifics.

"And how is it that you know so much about us?" The question was Mr. Blackbourne's and I knew it was coming and had thought carefully about my answer.

"If you haven't guessed yet, I'm from a different world." I looked around and saw raised eyebrows, awe, and disbelief.

"What's your name?" Gabriel asked ad because he was the one that asked I almost answered. I shook my head.

"My name isn't important. I'm not here for me. I'm here for Sang. That's where you need to keep your focus."

"Let's focus." Mr. Blackbourne said bringing us back on topic. "How is it that you know so much about us?"

"This is one of those questions that I don't feel I should answer, Mr. Blackbourne. I don't want to change what will come."

Mr. Blackbourne stared at me hard weighing my words and I hoped against hope he didn't find me wanting.

"You know our future?" I smiled slightly at Gabriel's question and wanted to give him a hug.

"Some of it."

Silence blanketed the room at my reveal. I decided to ignore it. "Sang has doubts and fears about your arrangement for her."

"Explain that please." Dr. Green said finally speaking up.

"I can only explain from my point of view. I can't speak for Sang."

"On the contrary Miss Sorenson. I believe you're here today because she thinks you can."

It was very possible that he was right. It was also possible that believing that was my only possible way of making it home.

"I see flaws in your relationship with Sang that can break everything apart.  Don't get me wrong.  No relationship is perfect, but there are always deal breakers."

Everyone shifted uneasily, but it was Dr. Green who spoke up first. "Is that why your eyes aren't as vibrant when you look at me?"

I nodded. "Personally, Dr. Green, I adore you. But..." I hesitated and Dr. Green reached out held my hand and squeezed it.

"Tell me." When I continued to hesitate he gave me the reassure that I needed. "I won't run away. I won't leave Sang. Not for anything."

At his words I gave him the answer he sought.

"Your work is going to cause a lot of problems for you and Sang."