Chapter 4

Hey! :) Got this chapter done! And another once actually, but the other one needs some fixing before I post it. SO! I really really hope you enjoy! (: I love you guys! -Hannah <33

*******************************

CHAPTER 4: Alice followed Tony into a small shop, the strong scent of coffee beans drifting to her nose and wrapping her in warmth. Tony pulled out a chair for her to sit in and she thanked him before falling into it. The shoes Cecily had insisted on her wearing were killing her feet but she managed to send him a tired smile as he ordered for them.

He turned back to her, his green gaze taking in ever curve and smooth surface of her face, of her neck.

Slightly uncomfortable and almost unbearably tired, she cleared her throat and he tore his gaze away from her as the waiter set their small white mugs in front of them.

Alice wrapped her cold fingers around the heated ceramic and lifted the cup rim to her lips before taking a cautious sip of the hot and utterly delightful liquid. She flicked her eyes up to find Tony watching her again and she quickly looked away.

"So where are you from?" she asked and he cleared his throat.

"My mother is from Mexico and my father is from Italy. I was raised in Spain." He said and she nodded as she sighed with pleasure as the warm waterfall of caffeine and cream washed down her throat.

"What about you?" he asked.

She set down her cup of coffee, keeping her fingers around the warmth as she blinked.

"I was kind of raised all over. My dad is Italian and my mom is American." She said and he nodded and took a sip of his coffee.

"What are you going to do once you graduate?" he asked.

"I want to be an elementary school teacher." She said.

He nodded thoughtfully and continued to fire off questions at her, which she tried to keep up with, but she was exhausted and all she wanted to do was go back to the dorm house and go to sleep.

They drank their coffee and through his barrage of questions and her tired answers to them, she would attempt to ask more questions about him, but he would always deflect the question with no way of her asking to get an answer again.

Finally, thankfully, he helped her into the taxi and they rode in silence to her dorm house. They got out of the taxi and he asked the old man in the front seat to wait for him before he bounded up the steps to the front of the house to follow Alice. She turned back to him, her key in hand as she smiled sleepily.

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate everything and hopefully Cecily is done by now," she laughed and he grinned, nodded as his eyes heated.

She knew the kiss was coming and as he leaned in she was about to push him away and tell him that she felt nothing for him in that way, but then heard Cecily's voice in her mind telling her to live a little. Holding back a sigh, she let her head fall back so his lips could touch her.

He lightly pushed her into the banister and cradled her neck with his hand to move his lips against hers. She knew that it should have caused a fire to burn inside of her, her hands and feet to tingle with the way his tongue touched hers, but it just...didn't.

She felt nothing.

Nothing.

It was nice and he was a very good kisser, she just didn't feel anything with him.

Slowly, she pulled her lips away from him and he stared at her with desire filled eyes.

She knew he enjoyed it and she was at least happy that she wasn't a horrible kisser.

She sent him one more small smile before she slipped out of his grasp and back to the door to unlock it and push the door open. She waved at him one more time and something changed in his eyes as she closed the door, but she didn't think too much of it.

The only thoughts entering her mind were hopes that Cecily was done with her mystery man and that she could fall into bed.

Getting herself up the stairs was a challenge, but she finally managed it only to find a light pink sequin scarf tied to the door handle. She sighed and let her head hit the painted wood of the door before she slowly turned so her back was to the wall.

Hopefully, Cecily would be done soon.

Alice let her feet slide out from under her until she was seated back up against the wall, her head lolling to the side.

She closed her eyes.

She could rest them for just a moment.

Yeah, just a moment.

Something snapped Alice awake, but she wasn't exactly sure about what it was. Her head tipped back so she could see the doorknob and still the light pink scarf hung in a single knot.

She groaned softly before pushing herself up off the floor and holding a hand to her head as she knocked lightly.

"Cecily? Are you done?"

No answer.

She must have fallen asleep and forgotten to take off the damn scarf, she thought with a giggle.

Sighing, she tested the door knob to find it was unlocked.

Thanking the gods and slightly apprehensive of seeing any naked body parts, Alice wearily made her way into their dorm room.

It was pitch black and she couldn't see her hand in front of her face.

She pulled off her jacket and then kicked off her shoes and debated taking off her dress, but finally decided she was just too tired.

Intending to just fall into the bed she tiptoed across the wood and was close to her bed when her foot slipped in something cool, wet and sticky.

She fell to the ground hard with a groan.

"What the hell is this?" she muttered and lifted her hand behind her so she could feel with wet fingers up and along the wall.

She finally felt the switch and grappled with it for a moment before she finally managed to flick it on.

The room brightened instantly, bathed in the white glow of the small light fixture hanging from the ceiling. Alice moved her gaze away from the lighting to her hands, which she held out in front of her.

She looked at them and found them smeared with scarlet.

Her blood ran cold, but at the same time her head was wondering what the hell was she covered in.

She moved her gaze away from her splattered legs to find the sea of red followed out and that's when she saw it.

Saw her.

Cecily lay white and naked on the floor, her eyes staring up, unfocused, unseeing.

Her throat was slit from ear to ear, still trickling rivulets of red blood to splatter in the pooling river of blood around her.

Alice heard screaming and realized it was coming from her own mouth, escaping her own lips.

Tears ran down her face as she scrambled backward, her hands slipping in blood until she was against the wall next to the door.

She wasn't sure how long she was staring at Cecily's body screaming until arms came around her and began to pull her away from Cecily's dead body.

Then, Alice was falling into black oblivion where the room-stained with the crimson kiss of malice was no longer there and all she knew was the blackness that held her...

*********************

AHH! Poor Alice and Cecily :( Anyways, I really REALLY hope you enjoyed this chapter!! I have already written the next chapter and so now I just have to fix it up and I will post it! So, with that said-Keep tuned!! A lot is coming *wink wink* VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. SHARE. I love you all!! -Hannah :D