Chapter 36

Hello, hello :) I'm back with a new chapter! This chapter was SO freaking intense to write. I hope you like this chapter and I'm going to start working on the next one tomorrow, so the next chapter should be up in a few days if all goes as planned! The song up here, I find goes really good with the SECOND part of this chapter. Also, I wanted to warn you guys that this chapter is a little bit more disturbing, so just be aware of that! Has some swearing and a little bit of steaminess. Enough rambling! I really hope with all my heart that you enjoy! I love you all. -Hannah <3

***********************

CHAPTER 36: Flashback – 7 years ago.

Mason gasped in air as he fell off onto his back, his heart still beating erratically in his chest after reaching the climax of their passion. Marianna purred softly as she curled into his side, tracing a long nail down his chest.

"That was amazing," She kissed his shoulder and he nodded, wrapping an arm around her waist. "I don't know how you always manage to tire me out." He chuckled and she hummed with delight, smirking in satisfaction.

"Are you saying you think it's because I'm old?"

Mason's eyes widened. "Hell no! You're not that old," He mumbled. "Why do you always come back to that anyways?" He asked, turning to stare at her.

Her eyes narrowed a fraction.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, chin going up as her eyes flared.

Mason sighed, pulling her closer.

"You know I don't mean it like that, baby. Just forget it." He said softly, inhaling the smell of her hair. It was quiet again and finally, Mason spoke, running his fingers down the soft skin of her back.

"When does Eduardo get back?" He asked, unable to keep the growl from his voice. The thought of anyone else touching Marianna, caused jealousy to burn like a fire in his gut.

The thought of Eduardo, especially, touching her the way Mason so loved to touch her, made his fists clench with the urge to pummel something into an unrecognizable pulp.

Marianna sighed, her disappointment at the topic evident.

"He is coming back next week. Why do you ask?" She sighed again, drawing out her words. Mason shrugged, though, the rigidness of his body fought against the dismissive gesture.

"Just wondering," He paused. "Why don't you leave him?" He finally asked and it was her turn to tense up in his arms.

She pushed up onto her elbow, staring down at him with dark eyes that haunted his dreams.

"What is with the 20 questions?" Hissed Marianna.

"It isn't 20 questions." He grumbled, anger flickering in his chest.

"I just..." He trailed off and Marianna lifted her perfectly plucked brows. "Just what?!" She growled impatiently.

Finally, Mason pushed up and over so that he was hovering above her, slipping the sheets from between them so that their bare bodies touched intimately.

Slowly, he pressed open mouthed kisses down her neck, reveling in the way she arched against him, moaning.

"I love you, Marianna," He said and she froze, but he continued. "That's why! Why do you stay with fucking Eduardo? The old bastard doesn't deserve you or your amazing body. Obviously you are not happy so why do you stay with him? We could just leave, you know? Just leave everything and drive?" He asked, still kissing her smooth skin.