Chapter 18

Hey everyone! I am back!! I am sorry it has been such a long time but it has been very insane and crazy, so I apologize profusely, but I am thinking that its over so I should-hopefully-if everything goes according to plan-be able to do the regular updates. Thank you so much, from the deepest depths of my heart for supporting me! I love you all! Now, I hope you love this chapter! Lots of love<3 -Hannah

*********************

CHAPTER 18: 4 days later, Alice walked out of her last class, sighing as she began the trek back to her car. Her brain was frazzled in the way that only meant hours of studying and relentless thoughts. It didn't help that she hadn't slept well since she last saw Ethan. He promised he would call her, yet he never did, not even one single text and she hated the fact that it hurt her so much. So, the past few days her mind had been full of thoughts of the beautiful rough man and she couldn't even escape him in her dreams. Emerald green eyes always there-haunting, his lips, warm and soft replaying as she slept making her wake-shaking and trembling with want.

She had never felt so utterly consumed and so utterly confused at the exact same time. She shook off her thoughts. She was done with it. If he could forget about her so quickly and easily, then she would eventually do the same, even if it meant having these un-yielding thoughts day and night. She would get him out of her head if it was the last thing she did.

Her phone rang just as she was throwing her back pack into her front seat. Sydney's blinking face and number showed up on the screen, causing Alice to smile instantly-thoughts of green eyes momentarily drifting away.

"Hey, hot stuff!" she chirped. Sydney let out a husky laugh.

"Hey, sexy beast. How is my favorite girl doing?" she asked. Alice swiped a dark lock of hair from her forehead, grimacing as her mind instantly went to Ethan-once again, she thought with dismay.

"Uh, I'm doing okay. Busy with school and stuff." Alice said as she got into her car and turned her Bluetooth on.

Sydney paused over the phone and Alice could practically see her smoky eyes narrowing in thought.

"I haven't talked to you in over a week. I can tell something is up. Spill." Said Sydney, voice stern.

Alice sighed. "You know me too well," she said and took in a breath. "You remember Ethan Carter? The infuriating PI?"

Sydney chuckled. "You mean, the crazy hot guy who got under your skin?"

Alice sputtered. "H-he most certainly did not get under my skin!" she growled.

Sydney laughed again, sounding delighted at her best friend's discomfort.

"Whatever you say, my dear, whatever you say. So, go on." She drawled.

Alice took in a shuddering breath as she stared at the snow flitting down from the grey skies to land on her front windshield.

"Okay, he got under my skin. I finally realized that no matter how absolutely maddening he is, I really like him. I feel safe and protected with him and we umm..." she paused, wincing as a blush colored her cheeks. "We kissed." Just blurted.

Silence, and then Sydney let out a squeal that had Alice wincing. "No way!"

Alice bit her lip as a smile blossomed. "Yes way."

"Well, how was it?"

Alice's fingers clenched on the steering wheel as her mind instantly replayed the kiss, detail for detail-heating her body from the inside out and flushing her skin with desire.

The way his lips molded perfectly to hers, as if two puzzle pieces that fell together perfectly. His teasing tongue as it massaged her own. His hands that moved over her body with a gentle tenderness, yet a fierce and burning possessive passion. She shuttered in a breath.