Chapter 12

Hello everyone! I am sorry for uploading so late it has once again been another busy week with a lot going on! So, I really hope you like this chapter!!! BTW if it uploaded right I LOOOVE the song I put above! ^^ -- I love you all! XX -Hannah <33

***********************

CHAPTER 12: Alice stared at herself in the mirror, not really believing she was actually going through with it-going on a double date with Tony. No matter how many times she told herself that going with Tony would be fun--he was a sweet and funny man, her mind went back to how she simply just didn't want to go.

But, her new friend, Layla, was really excited for this. She had come over to Alice's dorm about three hours ago and the guys weren't even there to pick them up yet.

Sighing, Alice returned her focus back to her reflection in the mirror. She hadn't really gotten a straight answer from Tony regarding what she should wear, so she had just gone with something comfortable, yet flirty and cute.

The dress was black with a beautiful floral print, the top a bustier that showed just the right amount of cleavage and some cute brown wedge booties. She grabbed an oversized grey knit sweater to wear over her dress just in case she got cold and she had her long black hair in a big braid that hung over her shoulder. She had opted for light makeup as well, and hoped that she looked okay. Layla came out of the bathroom wearing a peasant style off-the shoulder crop top with a high waist skirt, her red pixie hair fixed into red stylish peaks that made her face look slim and her cheekbones sharp. Next to Layla, Alice felt like an ugly duckling, but pushed it away instead and smiled broadly. Layla did a twirl on her stilettos.

"Well? How do I look?" she sang. Alice folded her arms and touched a finger to her chin in a pose as if she were thinking hard.

"You look amazing!" Alice told her truthfully and color bloomed in Layla's cheeks even as she smiled gratefully. Her eyes ran up and down Alice's attire and broad grin pulled at her lips.

"Holy shit. Alice! You look amazing." Layla said as she walked around her.

Alice folded her arms over her chest, flushing at the praise.

"Thanks." She murmured.

"And you are still going on the offense that this guy is just a friend-when you look like that?! I would love to see what you look like when you go on a date with someone you really claim you want!" Layla said with a spark in her eyes.

Instantly and without permission, Alice's mind flashed to the green eyes of Ethan Carter.

Layla's eyebrows shot up. "That got a reaction!"

Alice blushed bright red and coughed uncomfortably.

Layla pulled her over to the bed so they were sitting next to each other.

"Oh my gosh! You actually like someone else!" she squealed and Alice hushed her, biting her lip, before finally and reluctantly opening her mouth to speak a truth she hadn't even accepted herself.

"Fine, okay. There is a guy that I can't get out of my head, but he doesn't see me that way! He is infuriating too. It's nothing."

"Okay!" Layla said, but by the mischievous smile on her lips she knew it was anything but.

"So what's his name?" she asked.

Alice sighed, mumbling, "Ethan Carter".

Layla smiled slowly.

"Well, I think I'd like to meet this Ethan Carter." She said and Alice's brows rose as she laughed.

"In your dreams."