Epilogue

Five months later

"He's coming" Damatius yells from the living room.

"Alright we ready" I state with a wide grin. I place the jar of Prego sauce on the counter and on Michael plate I place the gift. As Kara and I finish fixing the food, Michael and Damatius walks in.

"Hey dad" Kara smiles running into his arms.

"Hey princess" he place a kiss on her forehead.

I can say Michael has been a man of his word, his kept his promises to me and the kids. He never missed a game nor practice or even parent conference. He also does simple things to show me he genuinely care and love me and also that he is sorry, while I'm at work he'll send my flowers on the most random of days. He also make an effort to take me out for lunch, if he is unable to do that he'll bring me some food or have it delivered to the shop. Right now his gym has had most of attention not all, along with the club his supposed to be opening. I don't care if he was opening a pet shop as long as he was out of the streets and with his family, that's all that matter to me.

"Hey baby, what you cooking?" he asks placing a kiss on my lips causing me to smile.

"Hey baby, some spaghetti. I used your favorite Prego" I add emphasize on Prego hoping he'll catch on.

"That's what's up, need help?" he asks, missing it.

"No I'm good. I'm done now" I state.

"Dad do you want blue or pink cake?" Kara asks him.

I had the kids to bake and decorate the cakes for the night, Damatius of course decorate the blue one with footballs and other spots edible stickers, while Kara pink cake is more girly.

"What flavor is it?" I swear he can be so dense.

"There both vanilla"

"Okay... Blue I guess" he shrugs.

"Dad where do babies come from?" Damatius asks.

I laugh at Michael priceless facial expression.

"I think that's a question for your mom to answer" he state.

"I did she told me to asks you"

"Baby" Michael pleads looking at me to save him.

"Honey answer the question" I state with a small smile.

"Alright, listen closely. Babies come from God. Bam, let's eat" he state making me cry from laughter. We know who is not giving the kids 'the talk'. Everyone grabs their plate and we walk to the dining room to eat.

"What's this?" Michael asks pointing to the boxes.

"A present" I say simply while the kids chuckle lightly. They so silly.

"Why don't you open it dad?" Kara questions.

He gives us each a suspicious eye before sitting his plate down and picking up the box.

Taking the top off almost immediately his eyes light up, picking up the stick he smiles as he examine it carefully.

"You serious?" he questions.

"As a baby crying at night" I smile, he rushes over to me and pull me into a tight embrace.

"We're having a baby" he shouts mashing his lips against mine.

Smiling I kiss him back.

*

I prop my swollen feet onto two pillows as I watch reruns of basketball wives.

I have the whole house to myself and I'm soaking up ever second. Around this time I'd be cleaning up and running errands while the kids are in school. Thanks to the doctor I'm on bed rest they're considering my high risk pregnancy due to my past miscarriage. So for the first trimester or two I'm resting in the bed. And I really don't mind, I'm soaking up every second.

No cooking, cleaning, or running behind my very active kids. It's all in Michael's hands and he's been handing his own, so far.

He makes breakfast in the morning, make sure the kids get ready for school, take them to school, goes to work and make it to pick up the kids in time. He also cooks dinner and clean, he has been a lifesaver.

"Hey baby" Michael walks into the room, kicking off his shoes.

"Hey what you doing home" I asks curious, he would usually be at work by this time.

"Because being the boss I make my own hours" he state laying his head in my lap while wrapping his arms around me.

"Alright boss" I laugh.

"How's my baby boy doing?" he question rubbing my semi round belly. Starting tomorrow I'll be two months exactly, but you would think I'm pushing three months. I have seriously gained more weight during this pregnancy compared to when I was pregnant with Damatius. I was the smallest pregnant women ever at nine months, I looked five. Plus I didn't have any real symptoms, now my feet swell up, I have morning sickness, weird food cravings, heat flashes and horrible mood swings.

"Our baby girl is doing just fine"

"Don't confuse him" he joke making me laugh.

"I'm not confusing him because he is a she" I state.

"How about we agree on a healthy baby?"

"A healthy baby" I agree.

The last chapter of the book