Part 13: Familiar

Eve's POV

"I'm sorry... master." Said owen. Is that even tina anymore? Whoa... feels like she's already more mature than me. Nevermind that. "Hey tina! Are you okay?!?" I asked. "Yes, i'm fine." Said tina with a warm smile.

Two days later...
Headquarter west side...

"Thats my report sir." I said. "How many times i've told you eve... just call me Gordon." Said gordon. "Ummm... g... gordon..." i said and my heart's beating fast. Kya...! This is my first time calling him with his name! "Are you alright? Your face is pretty red." Asked gordon. "N... i'm fine..." i said. "By the way... that boy has the same hair as anonymous. Red but brighter than anonymous." Said gordon. "Well yeah, but he's very different than anonymous. You should've seen tina have become like... hm... what is it called? A king?" I said. "A king? Probably thats the effect from excalibur." Said gordon. "You think so? When i saw her face, i saw an angel. When i saw her eyes, i saw light... but it's kind of sad." I said. "What do you mean?" Asked gordon. "Well... by sad, i mean she's enduring a big pain on her shoulder. Could it be because of him?" I asked. "Anonymous? Who knows, but tina is a good girl. She's a kind hearted girl. Everyone liked her." Said gordon.

Tina's POV

"Why are you following me owen?" I asked. He didn't say anything. "I thought i told you to enjoy your freedom." I said. "Please let me be your familiar again." Said owen. "Hey tina. Are you okay?" Asked amrun. "I'm fine amrun, where's my brother?" I asked. "He's complaining to gordon. When he heard that you're now in the elite squad, tim is full of anger. I bet he's scolding gordon right now." Said amrun. "You have a brother?" Asked owen. "I thought i told you to go chase for your freedom." I said. "Why? Is it because i treated you badly before? If i am, i'm ready to be punished." Said owen. "Hmph..." i walked away.

"I've never saw her have an emotion like that." Said amrun. "I knew she's angry. It's because i treated her bad when we first met." Said owen. "You think she's angry? She's far from angry, in fact she's crying in her heart right now." Said amrun. "What do you mean by that?" Asked owen. "She's in pain for making you feel bad all the time. She's not the type of girl who would want other people felt pain for fun. I still don't know why she act that way to you though." Said amrun. "..." mumbled owen.

"Can i come in?" I asked. "Yes, you may come in." Said gordon as i went in gordon's office. "Where's my brother?" I asked. "Umm... about that..." said gordon. "Tim is now registrating in elite squad." Said gordon. "I... see..." i said with a sad face. "You're not angry?" Asked gordon. "I already know this day would come, where i finally enter the battlefield. When i pulled out that sword. I knew if i didn't make a good use with it, it would be a shame to waste it's power. I'm the only one who can use the excalibur. I know that my brother will try to join to protect me. Believe it or not i really hate this decision. But i don't blame you for it. Because no matter what happen we will join the battlefield in the future." I said. "I understand. But what are you going to do with that boy?" Asked gordon. "I gave him freedom, but he still want to follow me. He bowed to me because i have excalibur. I don't like it." I said. "Are you sure that's the only reason?" Asked gordon. "Yes..." i said. "I understand." Said gordon.

Two days ago in the cave...

"Please... save owen." Said king arthur. "Owen?" I asked. "I'm sure you met him. The red hair boy." Said king arthur. "Ooo... that guy. What do you mean by saving him?" I asked. "A thousand years ago, owen born as my familiar. I made a contract with him. He guard me for the rest of my life. Even when i died, he still protect my grave. I realized as long as the excalibur with me, he will never get out of this place. That's why i wanted to ask you, to get him out of this place. When he was young, he doesn't understand the meaning of freedom. But i don't think he will accept a freedom even if you freed him. He will bow because you have excalibur. He bows to me because i had excalibur. I know he will never accept me as his master from the bottom of his heart. Thats why i wanted to give him freedom." Said king arthur. "Leave it to me... i'll try my best to make your final wish came true." i said. "Thankyou... tina... i can now go to the other side." Said king arthur as he slowly fading away.

Back to the present...

"Master!" Shout owen. "I told you, i'm not your master anymore." I said. "You've been called to the medication room. They need you now." Said owen. I quickly ran and when i got there, i saw a soldier dying. "Tina... it's too late..." said one of the nurses. "No! It's not over yet!" I shout and used my power to heal the wounded soldier. His heart is dying, and his brains are almost dead. I know no matter what i do, this soldier cannot be saved. But i have hopes in my own power. "Tina... that's enough..." said the nurse. "No! This soldier still have a reason to live. We can't just abandon his trust on us!" I shout. "Tina... we'll help you too!!" Said the nurse. "Thankyou guys..." i said. I used my full strength to heal this soldier and i feel like something inside me surging with my will to save this soldier. I'm almost out of fuel... my power is not enough. At this rate i will passed out first. "Master please use my power as well." Said owen. "What?" I asked. "I see now. Who you really are. I will bowed to you as my master not because you're the wielder of excalibur. I bowed to you as my master because of who you really are." Said owen. There are no lies on his words and his eyes are telling the truth. "Alright, but how are you going to help me?" I asked. "Trust me." Said owen. He grabed my shoulder and i feel his power is coursing through my body. And without realizing his hands are warm.

10 minutes later...

"It's a miracle... his body are fully healed. Including his organs are all fine." Said the nurse. "I should've never lose hope from the first!" Said The nurse as she hugged me. "Hahah... thanks to owen too, the healing process won't be a success if it weren't of his power." I said. "Thanks owen..." i said. "Y... yeah i am your familiar after all..." said owen as his face turned into red. "I thought i told yo--...." my consciusness began to fading. I must've used to much power.

At my room...

"What happened?" I asked as i opened my eyes. "You shouldn't have used too much power master..." said owen. "How long have i been asleep?" I asked. "Two days... that soldier is already dead you know. It's kinda weird when i saw him standing on his feet again." Said owen. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Believe it or not, you just revived that person master." Said owen. "I revived him?" I asked. "I wasn't entirely sure how is that possible. But that's the closest theory i had, master." Said owen. "You're already free remember. I'm not your master anymore." I said. "My freedom is to choose what i want to use my life with. And i choose that i used my life to protect you. So please... let me be your familiar again." Said owen. "Hahaha... i gave you freedom and you choose to be by my side? I understand the part you don't bow to me because of excalibur anymore. But i don't think that's the reason why you want to be by my side." I said. "That's because when i saw you healed that soldier at the medication room, i realized that i've fallen in love with you master..." said owen. "Wha--..? Y... you... love me...?" I asked and blush . "Though i don't think i should, as long as i'm your familiar i can't marry you in the future." Said owen. "What do you mean by marry?!? You're way too old for me! You're already a thousand years old you know!" I shout. "That's because i can't age anymore by the time i reached 21 years old." Said owen. "That's not the point! Y.. you... i.... argh...." i really don't know what to say anymore. What am i going to do!?! I can't stop blushing! My head feels like it's going to explode! Argh... this is a mess...!!

The end of Part 13

Next time
Part 14: Madness, Anger, and Hatred