I'm Your Mate But No One Knows

Chapter 10

First Riley turned into a wolf then his cousins followed suit one by one. I stepped back. I couldn't do this. Fight? How could I when I obviously wasn't getting the instinct that I needed to follow? I jumped slightly when Teri turned into one too. Great, this was definitely going to be a fair fight. 

I always knew that my lack of fighting skills would be the end of me but I never imagined that it would be so soon. I know that I wasn't supposed to be thinking but how was I supposed to stop the thoughts from flowing. One by one they kept pouring in. How did I fight; what would I need to do to go all wolf like; what were the odds of us winning; all that crap just kept rushing through my head. the biggest one was: would I die today? I half didn't want to know the answer for that part.

Why were they even attacking? They said they would wait until the harvest moon so Damen could get his glory or whatever. Did they simply enjoy torturing me---that was it wasn't it?! They loved seeing me in pain because they felt that they were getting some kind of payback! They must have figured that since they couldn't kill me the least they could do was brag to their pack about the suffering they put me through.

Teri walked infront of me and began growling at them. I couldn't let her fight alone but  . . .how would I help. . .? All four leaped forward but Teri didn't moved an inch. They were all snarling and snapping at her. Vicious was what they were. Fear quickly had me immobilized. Riley stepped closer then made one big lunged and knocked her over. The other's began piling on her until they each had another part of her pinned and that's when they began biting. She gave a terrible cry. I whimpered, unable to do much else. I knew I was next but I didn't want to be; I had to do something before they 'accidentally' killed me!

Okay I had to feel for some instinct. I couldn't stand and let her go down alone. Come on . . .come on . . .yeah it wasn't coming. I snapped a branch from a nearby tree and ran towards them. As I raised it to hit one of them he grabbed unto it with his teeth. "Get off!" I shouted as I kicked him in the throat. I may not have been able to turn into a wolf but I knew that I had the strength. He let out a howl as he back off. Another turned to me and I broke the branch in his head. Riley  gave some kind of order and they all got off her. That was great except that they were now headed for me. I dropped the broken branch as  began steeping back again. "Alright, come on, I'm not afraid of you guys!" I bluffed. Riley lunged at me but Teri cut him off by jumping and grabbing his neck. 

It was pure instinct that made me duck when I did and as I did one of them jumped over me. He landed with a skid but turned to rush me again. Austin turned and jumped on Teri, biting a deep hole in her shoulder. She flailed and threw him off. I grabbed hold of his neck and tried twisting it. I almost did when Carter sunk his teeth into my side and threw me across the clearing. I kept rolling until I was stopped by a boulder. By now I was covered in blood and dirt and I was breathing hard. After sucking in a deep breath I had to clamp my hand to my side to ease the pain and the bleeding. Teri's fur was also covered in blood but the guys were almost untouched. That wasn't right. Teri was thrown down beside me then the guys regroup on the other side. I looked down at her and saw her breathing hard.

"Let's draw blood." I said with determination. She nodded as she forced herself up. I bent and picked up a semi-sharp, some-what dagger shaped rock from the floor. Teri bolted over to them and had Carter being dragged along the floor and she pulled him along. I saw Riley and Austin walking over to me. Looking back at the rock I realized it would never work then without me knowing what I was doing I put the rock to my mouth and began taking off the excess with my teeth. I didn't know what I was doing but what I didn know was that chunks of the rock kept falling to the floor until I had a makeshift dagger in my hand. This would work perfectly. "I think it's time I taught you four that same lesson on loyalty." I said.