Don't Mess With The Bond . . .It Hurts

Chapter 11

I trudged home in silence, contemplating my next move. I would have to play it safe from now one because I obviously didn’t have the support of the one I expected to be there for me. I didn’t care though; it wouldn’t bother me. If he wanted to abandon me and let death take me over then that was fine. Atleast I would die with a clean conscience knowing that I wasn’t the one who betrayed my mate. Not that I planned to die anymore. After hearing what my mother had to say I was filled with a new determination to live. Ryder was right; I owed him and I would make sure that my debt was repaid even if it were the last thing I did. I also planned to make sure that Damen suffered. The thing was that whenever I stayed away from him for too long it would hurt me but I bet it hurt him just as much. I was going to make sure that he was hurt just as badly as I was by the betrayal. They say that women hurt emotionally while men hurt physically; I was going to prove just how true that was.

“Alex what happened to you and where were you? Do you know how worried I was when I saw the wolf but never saw you? I thought something might have happened to you. . .” Mom complained when I stepped onto the porch. I sighed inwardly, I really couldn’t bother but I had to do this to keep her mind and imagination from straying from the straight and narrow path.

“Oh my gosh there was a wolf in the house?! No way! You’re lying!” I said feigning some uncontrollable enthusiasm. “What colour was it? Tell me you atleast took a picture, please!”

“Alex this is serious. I was freaking out!” Mom whined.

“Yeah mom I know but come on, how cool is it that you got to see a wolf?”

She sighed and rolled her eyes then walked back inside. She had given up on me again which was a good thing because she completely forgot about the fact that as I stood infront of her I was bruised all over. I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as she was much too far to hear me then I ran up to my room. I needed to get my cuts cleaned before Dad got home.

I walked into my room and found Ryder curled up, fast asleep on my bed with his back to the door. He must have come home shortly after I left and decided that he wouldn’t go looking for me. I couldn’t say that I blamed him. Before he left I was being a total brat. I couldn’t see that my decision wouldn’t have only affected me but Ryder as well but after what happened in the forest my eyes were open. Plus I was not going to give them the satisfaction of knowing that they were the one to kill me. When I died it would either a consensual death or one that met me when I got to 1000 years old, okay maybe I wouldn’t live nearly as long but yeah . . . When I died they were going to have nothing to do with it. I couldn’t say, however, that I wouldn’t have anything to do with theirs. Damen wanted to protect them and that was fine but he had better have been damn well prepared because I was going to give it to him, full force, no holding back; do or die.

I crept around the room so I wouldn’t wake him then made my way to the bathroom. When I got cleaned up I snuck back to my room and slowly tip toed over to Ryder. I made a big jump and landed on him. “Rawr.”

He turned lazily and stretched before opening his eyes. When he saw that it was me he growled.

“Hey take it easy. God, you’re so hostile.” I said playfully.

“I don’t have time for little girls with death wishes.” He said, turning his head away as if looking at me had become distasteful.

“Well that’s a relief.” I said in fake exasperation. He turned to me and I could tell that he was puzzled. “For a moment I was worried that you would have flipped when I tell you that I drowned her by the creek. She put up a bit of a struggle but in the end she was no match for the best and awesomest—“