.17

Hola, so last chapter was intense and this one is going to be even worse :\ Get prepared to hate me because you're going to after this. I feel like I spam you guys with how much I update this. Do you guys mind that I sometimes update this story like twice a day? Anygay, read the chapta! 

"How long should we give him?" Louis asked. "Let's just go after him now. He's not even that far away." Zayn muttered.

"The chase is the fun part, Zaynie!" Louis exclaimed and clapped his hands. Zayn just flicked him off and climbed the tree again.

"Are you part monkey or some shit?" Harry asked. "Yep." Zayn said dully. "You kind of look like a monkey, too." Louis joked. "Go fuck yourself, Tomlinson." Zayn said, closing his eyes and leaning his head against the tree.

"Someone's on their man period." Harry snickered. Zayn just scoffed at the childish remark. The three on the ground continued to talk about this and that while Zayn was quietly climbing down from the tree. Within seconds he was gone from the clearing, chasing after Niall.

He climbed a tree and began to jump from tree to tree. He stopped and watched Niall run by and trip. The scared blond jumped up and took off again, looking over his shoulder. Zayn chuckled at the scene and dropped to the ground. He ran ahead of Niall and into another clearing.

"Come on, Niall." Zayn muttered under his breath. Niall ran into the clearing, his eyes searching for something. He froze when he saw Zayn standing in the middle of the clearing, his arms crossed and a smirk on his lips.

Niall wanted to run, but his legs were glued to the ground. "Asshole! You ran ahead of us!" Niall heard Louis shout.

Niall ran to the left, just as Louis and Harry came into the clearing. "Chase him, you fuck!" Louis shouted at Harry.

Harry took off after Niall, followed by Zayn. A loud scream filled the woods and Niall didn't care who it belonged to. Harry was right behind him and Niall was pushing himself to run faster. He jumped over a log and heard someone trip over it followed by swearing.

"GET OFF ME, STYLES!' Niall heard Zayn shout. Niall kept running. You don't love him. He wanted to kill you.

"I'LL KILL YOU IF I HAVE TO!" Harry shouted. Niall stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly turned around to see Harry about to rip Zayn's throat out.

"NO!" Niall screamed. He felt his body being lifted off the ground and a bright light filled the forest. Swearing and screaming rang through Niall's ears but there was nothing he could do now. After what seemed like eternity, Niall dropped to the ground, all his energy gone.

"Niall! Baby, are you alright?!" Zayn exclaimed, his voice cracking. He ran to Niall's side and got hit in the face by Niall. "Stay away from me." Niall said, his voice weak. "Please Niall, I'll explain all of this later, j-just let me heal you!" Zayn pleaded.

Niall opened his mouth to say something, but stopped. The colour from his eyes faded and they turned to a dull grey. Niall looked up at Zayn with sad eyes, meeting Zayn's brown ones. Niall noticed the white wings that were covering them, protecting them both from the outside world.

Niall smiled a bit and closed his eyes. "I knew you weren't bad." Niall whispered. The small smile stayed on his lips as he went still. "Niall... Niall! Please don't be dead!" Zayn exclaimed frantically. "Zayn, he's dead. Look." Liam said. Zayn looked up to see what Liam was pointing at.

The sky had turned grey and a stream of light was on Zayn and Niall. Zayn stood up with a lump in his throat, his sight blurry with tears and a shattered heart.

"He's gone." Zayn whispered before breaking into tears. Harry and Louis were long gone, thinking their job was done. "W-what are we going to do?" Zayn sobbed loudly.

"I-I was supposed to fucking protect him and now he's dead! I shouldn't be a fucking guardian!" Zayn shouted. "Zayn. I don't know what to do. I don't even remember anything until Louis punched me in the face." Liam said, his heart heavy with guilt.

"We got fucking possessed. At least the stupid ass prophecy won't come true now." Zayn said bitterly, staring at Niall. He looked like he was sleeping, the small smile on his lips as if he was having a good dream.

"What should we do?" Liam asked. "You go. I.. I'll think of something." Zayn said. Liam nodded before taking his shirt off (oOoOoh Shirtless Liam) and stretching his wings. He took off in flight leaving the dark forest.

Zayn wiped the tears away and sat on the ground next to Niall. "I love you, Niall." Zayn whispered, more tears streaming down his cheeks as he picked the lad up and took off into the grey sky.

~

~

~

~

~

THE END, FUCKERS

~

~

~

~

JUST

KIDDING

~

~

~

~

[A/N] I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOING TO BE INTENSE! Don't worry, it isn't the end. There's still more to come (;

Go ahead and hate me in the comments, because I kinda hate myself for writing that. IT HAD TO BE DONE! ahaha

That's all and if you vote or comment then I love you! Whale, I love you if you're even reading this... :D

~ Ocaen