Chapter 2

I wake in a large, warm bed when I opened my eyes. The room had a red and black theme and it wasn't at all familiar. I swing my legs over and let my feet dangle on the side of the bed as I take a second to let my head stop spinning. I let my feet hit the soft, black carpeted floor, before walking to the large wooden door and twisting the nob. Locked.

The only thing I could do was bang on the door. "Please, is someone out there- I will give you any kind of money just please don't kill me!" The door nob jiggled and I backed up, panicking. What if I had to fight someone? I grabbed the only thing that I could grab quickly:

A remote.

I hold it up ready to throw it at the kidnapper when the door is opened to a old white lady. She seemed to be a maid by her black and white uniform. Her grey-blue eyes look at me and widen in shock and then she sees the remote in my hand. She smirks and throws her hand on her hip.

"What were you going to do, dear, mute me?" She teases and I feel my cheeks heat up. My embarrassment must have been prominent on my cheeks due to her small chuckles at me.

"Um, can you tell me where I am?" I place the remote on the nightstand.

"Well, you're at the Kings' residents, of course." She said in a 'duh' tone but I give her a confused look. She waves it off and says, "Mr. King sent me here to fetch you something to eat, what would you like?" She asked.

"Um, to get out of here." I say to her with a shrug.

"Well, that's not really on the menu right now but we have chicken fingers and fries cooking?" She says. I sigh and nod my head. She smiles warmly at me, before opening the door to me. "Splendid, now- you are free to move about the estate, Miss." She ignores my confused furrowed brows, so I wait until she leaves before I walk out the room, searching for a way out this place.

•••

I've been walking around this maze for what seems to be an hour or so. I huff in annoyance when I walk into what looks like a game room. There was a large black couch in the shape of an L facing a huge movie theater TV that looked like it had the game GTA on pause. I momentarily forget about escaping, since my feet are aching from walking and I'm dizzy from not getting food for more than 24. About an hour later of playing grand theft auto, the woman came and gave me my food. I thanked her and just continued with the game. Its obvious that no one here to really planning to hurt me. I finally pause the game and lay on on the comfortable arm of the couch after I was done with the food. I'm really tired, so I laid down with my eyes refusing to stay open, ignoring the crunching of chips and shushed voices.

••

I wake up to feel someone poking my arm. I snap my eyes open to see a large pair of dark green eyes staring up at me, making me sit up to see the cutest little boy. He has smooth, olive skin with brown hair and his cheeks were dark flushed pink as if he just came from running. He smiles with a missing front tooth and little dimples. "Hi. I'm Adam! I'm six. What's you're name?" His voice asks me, and I smile up at him after looking to see if there was anyone else around.

"My names Jazmine but my friends call me Jaz."

"Can we be friends so I can call you Jaz?" He asks with a eyes twinkling in anticipation, making me smile.

"Of course," I chuckle at his cuteness. He gasps and wraps his arms around me, shocking me and I hug him back after hesitating. We break and he now has a very serious expression.

"Since we're friends, wanna be on my team?" He asks. I nod slowly looking at him with confusion written on my face. He smiles and hands me a lazer gun. Odd. He must must be playing with his other little friends and wants an older kid on his team. He motions for me to get up and I follow him out the game room and into a dark room with loud music playing and the ground vibrating beneath my feet. He turns on a switch and the room lights up to a full lazer tag kingdom. It has three levels and it has glowing arrows everywhere. I hear a almost animalistic howl in the large room, followed by lots of laughter. I kneel down by Adam with furrowed brows as he chuckles.

"Who else is here?"

"My brothers and their friends." He says quitely back.

"Who's on our team then?" I ask.

"It's just you and me against them, I kinda started the game when everyone else wanted to play in the game room. When we found you sleeping, we decided to do this instead." I nod, but remember I can't see anything but the neon lights in the dark.

"Okay. How many of you are here?"

"It's 2 against 4." So we're going to be competing against 4 boys? Great. When we were putting on our vests, I had to adjust my strap because of my C cups. Guess I was the first girl to play around here. I squeaked when I felt vibration in my chest and the pad on my chest started sparking with lights.

"Oh no- You got hit. Follow me." I followed him up to the second level. We heard deep chuckles near us, making my brows furrow. Wait, these aren't other kids?! I was about to tell Adam when I suddenly felt an arm snake around my waist and someone pulled me away from Adam with their hand covering my mouth.

"Welcome to the party, Princess." A deep voice said in my ear. I gasp and scream in his palm and maneuver my head so I can bite into his hand. "Shit," he said letting go of me, and I run over to Adam and pull him all the way downstairs. I hear a whistle before lights are turned on, and shortly after we are met with large sweaty dudes.

"No fair the games not over!" Adam whined.

"Well we wanted to pause the game Adam. You let someone else play without saying anything,"An annoyed looking lanky, tall guy with straight dark hair sticking to his forehead came from around the corner. He had the same green eyes as Adam and he looked no older than 20. He was quite lean, with sweat glistening on his naked torso with only basketball shorts on.

"Sorry Liam." Adam said to the guy. His whole face changed to shameful.

"It's not his fault, I wanted to play with you guys." I said, defending Adam. Liam's gaze snapped to me before narrowing.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked. I was about to answer when I heard a deep familiar voice.

"Guys why did we stop-" the guy with sweat glistening on his oh-so-muscular body make my heart lurch in my chest. Those familiar beautiful brown eyes caught my gaze and zeroed in on me.

For a moment, Lucas just let his eyes study me, before he cleared his throat and took off his vest. "Jazmine," my name coming from his mouth almost made me faint, it sounded so natural and sexy. "I see you are awake...and have met Adam." 

"Uh yeah..I guess." I said, smoothing down my hair, which I just noticed was out of its ponytail. I must look a hot mess.

"How the hell do you know her?" Liam asked. One of the other guys snickered and nudged Liam, giving him a look. His eyes narrowed and looked between me and Lucas. Something probably clicked in his head because his eyes landed on me and before smirking widely. He walked over to me and offers his large, skinny hand to me with a large smile."I haven't introduced myself- I'm Liam King." I hesitantly shake his hand and mutter my own name.

"This is Jake," he points to a guy who, now that I got a better look at looked to be in mid teens. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes, like a younger version of Lucas. He smiles at me showing his pearly white teeth. He was dressed in T shirt, coated in sweat, with some joggers. I give him a terse nod.

"We are the Kings." He said and engulfed me into a bone crashing hug, with Adam laughing and joining by hugging my legs. "And welcome to the family!"

Huh?

•••