Chapter 8

UNKNOWN POV

Look at them. Running wildly in the woods like the pack of dogs they are. They act like there isn't a threat in their world. I jump out of the high treetop after they've all passed. I quickly run in their direction, keeping a good distance to where they won't be able to smell my faint scent. I stop and jump onto another high tree. I see the dogs change into their human forms. Lucas walks up to a pretty chestnut girl and hugs her to him with a sick love look in his eyes.

Must be his mate.

A familiar looking mate...

She looks so much like her, but that couldn't be possible.

These wolves don't know whats coming to them if she's who I think she is. Leaping out the tree, I dart through the forest using my heightened speed. I need to tell him about this.

***

Jazmine

It was nearly the end of the day when I woke up with a sigh and rolled over to be met with the soft sheets, expecting Lucas' hard body. My eyes fluttered open and I sit up and rest my weight on my elbow, looking around the empty room.

"Lucas," I called out, worried.

"In here." I heard his deep husky voice say from his closet. I yawned and swung my legs over the bed and got up. My feet padded over to to his voice and was met with him in sweatpants and his broad back facing me as he looked through his clothes.

"Hi." I whisper, examining the way his muscles flexed when moved around. Next thing I know he's in front of me and I step back, suprised by our closeness.

"Hey." He says and runs his gaze down. My brows scruch up and I look down before gasping at my appearence. I have on nothing but a large shirt that stopped just below my ass. I do not remember changing last night. In fact, I don't remember getting into the bed last night. I slowly lift my head up to see a boyish grin on his handsome face. I scowl and it only grows.

"Lucas, you didn't change me did you?" I ask him hesitantly.

He smirks and takes a step towards me and I take a step back. He growls lowly and his eyes blink golden, but morph into a neon yellow that I've never seen before.

"Lucas, are you okay?" He ignores my worried voice as he quickly picks me up throwing me over his shoulder. I'm gently layed on the bed and his eyes roam my body making me gulp.

"Luc-"

"This isn't Lucas. I'm his wolf, Leo." He says and give me a charming smile. His voice is still deep and husky but it has a more primal sound to it with a slight growl every time he spoke.

"Um..h-hi Leo, it's nice to finally m-meet you." I stutter, a little intimidated by him.

"There's no need to be afraid of me Jaz, Lucas and I would never hurt you." He says and cups my face with his large hands. He kisses my lips and I smile in the kiss, relaxing at his touch. He licks my bottom lip for entrance and I deny. He growls and wraps his arms around my waist and scoops me into his arms effortlessly, causing me to gasp. He takes his chance and slips his tongue in my mouth, exploring every part of it causing me to let out a moan. He sits down and puts me on top of him to where I'm straddling him.

We pull back and he has another boyish grin.

"God, I love you already." He says as his yellow-goldish eyes bore into mine. I smile and kiss his nose. "And I love when you kiss my nose." I giggle and repeat the gesture.

"I-...I love you too, Leo." I say to him hesitantly, scared that I actually believed my voice. Did I already love him? Love shouldn't to be this instant, this quick. It's not natural.. at least to humans it isn't.