Chapter 3

Welcome to the family

What?

"What do you mean, 'Welcome to the family.'"I asked Liam. I was answerd with a smirk and a glance at Lucas' direction.

"Come on guy, lets leave Lucas to explain to Jazmine whats going on." Liam suggested and they all walked out leaving just the two of us. I looked up, meeting his chocolate orbs. I get a good look at him and I can't help to admire his muscles and lean build. They were out on display for my to drool over...

"Um...hey?" I said with an awkward wave.

"Hi," he said, giving me a small smile and a tender look.

"Well, are you going to tell me why I'm here?" I ask suprised by my confident voice, probably because I was more confused than nervous.

"Oh, yeah. But let's get you in some clean clothes first. I will have Karren bring some clothes to our room and then I will explain everything." He said reassuringly. I raised a brow and propped my hand on my hip. Wait-

"Did you just say, our room?" His lips tug up into a handsome smirk and he nods, his dark brown hair falling on his forehead.

"Yes, like I said I will explain later but for now you can just go take a shower. Adam will wait for you and he will take you to the kitchen when your done. He doesn't really get to meet other people so he's grown fond of you." He said with amusement. I nod slowly, and turn to walk out, but stop when I forget the direction of the room.

Extreme warmth and buzz dance on my lower back as I feel a large hand on it and I move away from it in shock "You okay ma-um Jazmine?" Lucas asked beside me as I looked up at him, noticing our close proximity.

"Yeah, you just shocked me," I whispered causing him to chuckle, forming a handsome smile that had me turning my face away bashfully and biting my bottom lip to contain my smile.

He led me to the bedroom that I woke up in, and he smiled tightly at me when he handed me a towel and wash cloth, before leaving. While I took a long shower, I wet my curly hair because it was in an old wash n' go, and I found a conditioner and it ended up helping with detangling. After washing up, I then turned the water off and walked out the steaming shower, wrapping the soft towel around my curvy body. I looked into the mirror and glance at the girl with the dark mocha skin, brown eyes, full brown lips, and a coke bottle frame. My hair was refreshed and water weighed it down in tight ringlet curls, dripping wet. I ended up using the ponytail holder on my wrist to pull it into a bun after ringing as much water as I can out. Without the usual oils and products I use for it, it'll get puffy and annoying.

Walking out, halfway dry, I find a note on the bed.

Your clothes are in the closet dear.
~Karren, the maid

I walk to the other side of the room where I notice a small sitting area and two doors. Opening the first door, I find its full of boy clothes. This must be his closet. I walk to the other and my mouth drops to the floor. This one way larger than the other. It's a huge walk in closet with drawers and a rack full of heels. I'm more into sneaker and boots and I'm lucky when I find one pair of black converse. I match them with some blue denim shorts and a small black tank top. I go into a drawer to find it full of lacy fabric and I roll my eyes, grabbing a matching black bra and panties set. After putting on the clothes, I walk out the room and find Adam on the floor waiting for me. When he looks up, he smiles, runs up to me and attacks me with a hug. I stumble back a bit and hug him back with a chuckle.

"Took you long enough Jaz." He joked and pulled back. "But you took less time than my sister, who takes forever." He grabs my hand and leads me to a kitchen to see the boys from earlier and 2 girls that look about my age chatting around the island. They all stop and look at me. I shifted from one foot to the other under their intense gazes.

"What are you all looking at, is it something on my face?" Adam asks. He puts his hands on his face frantically, thinking there's something on it. I laugh alittle at him breaking the akward silence. One of the girls smiles a brightly, with dark tan skin, straight black hair, brown eyes and a petite figure. She wore a black ribbed dress that flowed at the bottom, with canvas white vans. She walks up to me and stretches out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Nadiah." Her light, calming voice fills my ears and I take her hand to shake, but I'm pulled into a tight hug.

"I'm Jazmine, nice to meet you Nadiah." I squeak out while the strong petite girl nearly squeezes me to death. She gasps and let's me go.

"Sorry." She quickly says and smiles again sweetly. She takes my hand and steers me to the group right by Lucas, who gives me a small smile.

"I'm sorry for my little friend," the other girl says to me giving her friend a playful glare. The girl was tall and slim, had an olive skin tone with green eyes and short dark brown hair. She looked a lot like Liam. "I'm Sarah King; the guys' sister. But I'm Liam's twin sister."

"I'm still the oldest though." Liam says.

"Yeah, by like 5 seconds." Jake says for the first time. I look back at Sarah who's rolling her eyes.

"It's nice to meet you all but...why am I here?" I ask them. They all smirk knowingly and look at Lucas simultaneously, making me look at him confused. He sighs, grabs my hand in his large one and leads me out the kitchen, into the hallway and and then the game room. I was kind of out of breath because I had to keep up with his large strides.

He sighs.

"Okay. I want you to have an open mind when I tell you this." We sit on the large couch. He takes a deep breath and closed his eyes, before turning his body towards me. I wonder what's so crazy to have him acting this way...

"I'm a werewolf."

Oh, that's what.

••••