Chapter 24

(I re-read the book, I must advise you all to re-read chapter 15 for Valentino's POV. I realized when I wrote that chapter a year ago i didn't make sense so i revised it a bit.)

Warning: Some Sexual Situations 

Coming out of the basement, my mother shows me the whole mansion as she shows me the libraries full of books, kitchens that were full of beautiful pots and pans with food, meeting rooms with fancy furniture and others. She even introduced me to many nice people, like the servants, maids, cooks, and even trainers. Now, we are at the top of the mansion, where we see all of the little village.

She had a look of disdain on her face as she studied it. I looked at the woman who had on revealing slutty outfits and the drunk men stumble out bars. This wasn't really my thoughts on my father's coven, I thought it was known to be one of the strongest and greatest in the world...

"This coven has been without your father for years and it's already in shambles. Women turning to prostitution, while men are turning violent and into drunken assholes. Your uncle does nothing but sit on his lazy ass and drink, bathing in the little glory of being head of what used to be the most powerful coven in North America." My mother shakes her head, a look of pure disappointment on her angelic face.

"How was it before?" I ask her, she looks at me with a small smile.

"It wasn't...good. But it wasn't this bad either. Before you were considered, dead, that's the time where everyone was truly content. The first heir to Lord Vincent was born, you were everyones daughter here. People loved you and they'd protect you with their lives, everyone was devastated when they heard what happened to you. Then there were dark times, but we still remained strong with Vincent. But until he returns..."

"But they have you," I whisper, looking down. "Your Lady Jane. Don't you have as much power as my uncle?" She nods.

"I must admit, all these years I've been in a depressed state from my child being gone. My light was taken from me- But," she looks at me with a hopeful smile. "I promise, I'm going to fix the coven, and when you come back, it will be as if you've stepped into a whole new one."

"I'm glad, mom." I say, smiling at her. She grins back and we embrace one another.

Later that day, Noah takes me back to the spot where Lucas was waiting. His black wolf was sitting down on its hind legs, and I could see through my sharp vision his tail wagging, meaning he's excited to see me. I smile at that, and with my wolf clawing to get out and have contact with her mate.

Instead, I use my half vampire/werewolf ability to run faster to my mate. Next thing I know, I'm wrapping my arms around his large neck and nuzzling into his soft fur. He groans in response before getting up from his seated position and morphing into his human self. After putting on a pair of boxers, he wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up, spinning around.

"I've missed you so much," he whispers. I giggle at him, before I press my lips on his soft full ones. My toes curl at the sensation it makes me feel, after not touching my mate in almost hours.

Pulling back, I laugh when Lucan gives me a frustrated growl. Turning around, I watch as Noah studies one of the trees, and he turns around.

"Oh, are you two done?" He asks. I smile with a roll of my eyes, before nodding.

"Thanks for bringing me to see them," I say and he shrugs.

"I couldn't not let my baby cousin see the rest of our family, her uncle included."

"So...you know that's not my dad?" I ask him with furrowed brows.