Chapter 23

So much emotion was in his eyes, but I felt as if something was off about my "father." I didn't feel so welcome when I first saw him and something told me there was something wrong. Being around my mom, she taught me to know when people are lying based on their body language and demeanor and this man in front of me was defiantly lying about something...

"Selena?" I hear a voice say my name that has my heart skipping songs in my ears behind me. I turn around and I'm met with a woman slightly taller than me, and almost a splitting image of me. I knew this was my mother. I didn't know about my father, but I knew this woman who stood before me with a shocked expression, was my mother.

Running to her, I wrap my arms around her waist and she wraps her arms around me tightly, sobbing. "My precious baby girl, I can't believe your in my arms."

"Mommy..." Tears brim my eyes and she smooths out my hair, her touch sending comforting chills along my body that I've seemed to miss for years. I may not remember her completely, but my body recognized her immediately.

She pulls back and cups her hands over my cheeks a gorgeous smile on her heart shaped face. She had the same birth mark over her lip and there were golden twinkles in her brown eyes that made my heart warm.

"My baby girl," she whispers before she looks behind me and her smile fades a bit and I can tell she's affected by the person standing behind me.

"It's a miracle, Jane, our daughter is home!" I feel him place his hands on my shoulders, making me tense up.

"Yes," she clears her throat and I furrow my brows at how uncomfortable my mother looks. "She's beautiful." She looks at me and smiles.

"Just like her mother," my father caresses my mothers cheek and I can tell she's trying to hide the disgust in her face when he does this.

"Right," my mother says and grabs my hand, "I would like to speak to my daughter alone please." She says, before turning to Noah. "Thank you so much nephew for bringing her back."

"No problem, Aunt Jane."

Walking out the kitchen, my mother walks quickly through the living room and opens a door that seems to lead to a basement. After we get down there, my mother's hand was gripping mine when she led me through a series of hallways before finally opening a small door that lead into a room with a single bed on it. Also having some things that looked to be potions of some sort on a small table by the bed.

"Lay on the bed, sweetie." She sits and helps me lay down, moving hair off my face.

"W-What's going on?" I ask, panic in my voice. She smiles reassuringly at me.

"Don't be afraid, baby girl, just close your eyes. Your seeing your real father," before I say anything she presses her fingertips on my forehead and whispers a language I don't understand and then I'm met with darkness.

The narrow hall was dark, doors on each side and I looked around to find myself alone. Fear crawls up my spine and I turn around to now see a light at the end of the hallway. Walking to it, I open the dark blue  door to be met with a white room with a man standing in the middle, hands in his navy suit pockets.

"Hello, sir," I call out and the mans head rises, his black hair is cut along the back and he looks back.

"My Selena." He whispers and his amber eyes twinkle with pure joy and love. Now this man was my father, he had to be I could feel my heart warming at the sight of him like how it did with my mother.