Chapter 9

A target.

For what?

"Why would Nadiah and I be a target?" I ask in confusion.

"Well, because your Liam and Lucas' mates. You two are the most precious thing to them and when our parents were young, they took something very precious from the vampires. It just so happeneds it was from the most important  and powerful vampires in the world."

"What did they take from the vampires?" Nadiah asks. Apparently she's as confused as I am right now-glad I'm not alone.

"Well, we don't really know, they only told us that they made a huge mistake when they were young. When mom was pregnant with Liam and I, the vampire lord, named Vincent, threatened to make sure that he will take away their children's happiness just like how they took his." She explains. I think about it for a moment.

So Vincent, the vampire lord is out to get us for something Lucas's parents did? They must have taken away what's most happy to him. It must've been so important to him that he had to threaten the next generation of Kings. Wait...

"Could it have been his mate?" Nadiah asks. Liam shakes his head.

"No but she is equally, maybe even more mad at them. It could've been something else like.." He trails off but I finish it for him.

"...their child." I say. They all look at me. "A child. That could've been their child that they have took from them."

"But mom and dad would never kill a kid.." Jake says quietly as he shakes is head. Sarah grabs his shoulders and squeezes them reassuringly.

"I know, it could've been for protection. The baby could've been a hybrid." Sarah says. I scruch my eyebrows. "Oh, it's mixed creatures, like werewolf and vampire." Oh.

"I heard that his mate was human when she had the child. After that she was turned. It's known to be dangerous to have a vampire and human child. They won't be able to control their hunger and bloodlust." Lucas explains. Does this sound familiar?

"Like twilight?" I ask. They all look at me a Sarah chuckles.

"Yeah, how ironic it is that most of the things in that movie are true, huh?" She laughs. I nod slowly. We all stay in silence for a moment and Lucas breaks it.

"It's almost 9, it's best to call it a night." He murmurs and everyone nods in agreement.

Lucas and I walk upstairs to his room--with his arms securely around my waist. I look up and see that he has his brows furrowed and his lips are in a thin line. I stop walking to cup his cheek so he's looking down at me. He takes my hand in his and brings it to his lips as he kisses each knuckle, making my heart melt at the gesture.

"Lucas, I'm fine. See?" I whisper to him. His chocolate orbs look at me and his strong hands grip my hips and pull me closer to his body.

"I will never let anything happen to you." He murmurs with his lips brushing against mine. I can smell his minty breath.

"I know you won't, Lucas." I mutter back before connecting our lips. They move in sync as he pulls me closer so he's practically holding me. I wrap my arms around his neck and tangle my fingers in his soft hair. He groans at the gesture as his tounge explores every part of my mouth causing me to moan back. We finally break only for him to plant soft wet kisses on my jaw and then my neck.