chapter one

The alarm clock screams in Harry's ear and he slams a hand down on it with a bang. All he wants to do is sleep, but that rarely happens. He hasn't had decent night sleep in ... hell, he doesn't even know.

"Daddy!" a sweet voice screams with delight. And that would be the reason why. A small body crawls on his bed and curls up against him, resting a small hand on his chest. "Daddy."

The voice whispers then a sloppy wet kiss is placed on his cheek. Harry peeks one eye open and sees his pride and joy, Zayn. Bright Hazel eyes are staring up at him, a cheeky smile and rosy cheeks underneath it.

"Hi love," Harry greets in a husky voice, sending the 6-year-old into a fit of giggles. Harry turns on his side and wraps his arm around the squirming child, pulling him close. Zayn tries to get away, but quickly gives up, deciding to let his father cuddle him for just a minute.

"Daddy please let me go I'm hungry," Zayn whines, pushing his hands against Harry's toned chest to get away.

"Baby I just wanna cuddle," Harry whines into the boy's hair.

"But dad I have to go to school," Zayn reminds his father in a high pitched voice.

"But why?" Harry whines again. Zayn groans and wraps his arms around the older man, giving him what he wants.

After a minute Zayn speaks up, "Happy?"

"Very much so pumpkin," Harry sasses the little boy, who gets free and stands up on the bed. His batman pajamas are crooked and crinkled with sleep, hugging his small frame tightly. Harry smiles and sits up in bed, wrapping an arm around the boy's knees, causing him to fall. "Let's get some food in you before you waste away."

Zayn laughs and shrieks as Harry throws him over his shoulder. They make their way down the stairs and to the kitchen where Harry sets Zayn on his favorite stool at the bar of the island, while making his favorite breakfast, pancakes with strawberries and whip-cream. Harry gives Zayn healthy meals, plenty of fruits and vegetables, but sometimes he lets him splurge.

Zayn's mum and Harry weren't married, only dated for a few months. She made it known she wanted nothing to do with Zayn while pregnant, so after he was born Harry took control. His mum, Anne helped him for the first year, because he was only 19. By then Harry had the hang of it, now it's just him and Zayn against the world.

"When is Uncle Ni gonna come?" Zayn asks as Harry puts his plate in front of him.

"I dunno bud," Harry answers, honestly not knowing the answer. "He and Aunt Lola are still on holiday."

His best mate Niall Horan and his wife Lola, were on holiday for their first year anniversary. Harry likes Lola, thinks she is a good match for his mate. Zayn really likes her too, which is part of the reason Harry does, he calls her Loi.

"Do you think they'll bring me a gift?" Zayn asks with wide hopeful eyes.

"I'm sure they won't forget about you munchkin," Harry pinches Zayn's cheeks and he giggles. Zayn finishes eating and runs up to his room to get dressed while Harry cleans the kitchen. When he is done, Harry goes up to his room and pulls on his work suit, it's not really his style, but he makes it work. He works at Payne Industry with his other mate Louis Tomlinson. Lucky for Harry, Lou and Liam Payne are step brothers, so Liam hired Harry as soon as he got word he was on the hunt for a decent job.

"Daddy?" Zayn wanders into Harry's room in his black skinny jeans and white shirt, with a small leather jacket over the top. Harry always sets out Zayn's clothes the night before so Zayn matches. He has a very distinct style and Harry lets the boy wear what he wants. Zayn has on one black slip on van and is carrying the other in his hand.

"Why isn't your shoe on mate?" Harry asks and Zayn smiles up at him. He loves when his daddy calls him mate, daddy is his best friend.

"I'm putting it on now," Zayn informs the man, plopping his bum down on the ground and pushing his foot in the shoe. When he's done he stands, pushing his long hair out of his eyes. He's been growing it out for a while so he could have long hair like daddy, but it's starting to bug him. "I need a haircut."

"Okay I'll make an appointment for tomorrow," Harry agrees, buttoning up his shirt and pulling on his tie. "Let's do your hair."

Harry follows Zayn into the bathroom hooked to his bedroom and lifts Zayn on the counter. Zayn was getting really agitated with his hair so they put it in a small bun in the back with a zigzag headband to hold his hair out of his face.

"There ya go little man," Harry says and Zayn stands on the counter to look in the mirror. "You look like you're 20 not 6."

Zayn giggles and watches his dad do his own hair, throwing some gel in it and quiffing the front out of his face, his curls tangling together in the back. When Harry is done they both brush their teeth and Harry pulls on his suit jacket. He makes sure they both have everything, then the pair leave the flat, climbing into Harry's grey Range Rover.

Harry puts on 5 Seconds of Summer, Zayn's favorite band, and Zayn sings along while they drive. Harry smiles to himself, looking at Zayn through the rear view mirror. He is quite the shy kid but if he decides he likes you then he is loud and fun.

They pull up to the school and Harry gets out, leaving the car running while he helps Zayn out. All the single mum's wait for this moment of the day where they can catch a glimpse of the hot single father, Harry Styles.

"Okay mate," Harry says, squatting in front of Zayn and straightening the boys outfit. "Have a good day at school, I love you."

"I love you too daddy," Zayn wraps his arms around his father's neck and gives him a tight squeeze. Zayn lets go and looks into his father's deep green eyes.

"I have a meeting later today so Uncle Liam is going to pick you up, okay?" Harry informs the 6-year-old. Zayn nods excitedly, he loves uncle Lili, not as much as Uncle Lou though. Harry gives a curt nod and kisses his son on the lips. "Bye mate."

"Bye daddy," Zayn calls excitedly, already making his way toward the school. His friend Ed Sheeran runs up to him and hugs him.

"Missed you Zaynie," Ed mumbles to the shorter boy.

"Missed you Eddie," Zayn whispers, nuzzling his face in the ginger haired boy's neck. They break apart and race into the classroom.

Harry smiles watching this encounter, thinking that he should schedule a play date for the pair. After the pair disappear through the doors, Harry gets back into his car and drives to the office, located in the business district of London.

When Harry arrives, he parks in his spot of the garage and takes the elevator up to the 48th floor. When the doors open, he meanders to his office to start the day.

"Styles," a booming voice calls as he reaches the door of his office. Harry turns and sees Liam walking toward him with a smile. Liam gives off a friendly vibe that comforts the employees and creates an atmosphere where they feel the need to do their best work, if only to please him. It's not very pretty when Liam is mad. Liam claps a hand on Harry's shoulder and gives him a soft shake. "How's it going mate?"

"It's good Payno," Harry smirks. Turning, he unlocks his office door and the pair walk in. Liam takes a seat in front of Harry's desk and props up his feet. "Li, can you still pick up Zayn at three? I have that meeting."

"Of course I'll get the little munchkin," Liam smiles at the thought of his nephew.

"Great. Thank you so much," Harry smiles at him with a sigh. "He was so excited when I told him."

"Of course Haz," Liam smiles and sits up. "I actually wanted to talk to you about that meeting. The lady in charge is quite tough so be on your A game."

"I will Liam," Harry nods understandingly. "I'll spend most of the morning preparing."

.......