chapter thirteen

Monday night, while Harry is making dinner, Zayn brings up the topic he was waiting for. Harry doesn't like to push him into conversations that are this sensitive and usually waits for the boy to bring it up so he knows if he's been thinking about it.

"Daddy?" Zayn asks, climbing up on his favorite chair to watch his dad bustle about the kitchen.

"Yeah mate?" Harry asks, turning partly away from the stove and looking up at his son.

"When are we going to play with Brezy and Zali again?" He asks, cocking his head to the side and playing with his fingers on the table.

"Hmm," Harry hums, stirring the noodles he is cooking. "I dunno babe. Did you make your decision?"

"I like them," Zayn nods, laying his head on his arm on the table.

"Me too mate," Harry looks at him with a smile. "We should probably spend time with them soon then, yeah?"

Zayn nods and Harry does as well, bringing up the topic he's been dying to ask. "Brazil asked me if she can hang out with you on Wednesday."

"Just me and her?" Zayn asks, looking at his dad with big eyes.

"Yeah," Harry nods, taking the noodles off the heat and turning fully to face the little. "What do you think about that?"

Zayn thinks for a moment, his tongue poking out of his lips before he nods. "Yeah. I think that would be fun."

"Really?" Harry asks with his eyebrows raised. He's trying so hard to contain his smile. All he wants to do now is call Brazil and tell her, then ask her out on a date.

"Yeah," Zayn blushes. "She's fun and she makes me feel good."

"She makes me feel good too babe," Harry smiles softly, walking over to his son. He sits on the opposite side of him, watching closely as he continues. "Zalia asked if she and I can spend the day together while you and Brazil hang out."

Zayn's brow furrows as he thinks about it, and Harry quickly interrupts his thoughts. "When two people date, its because they like each other more than friends and they want to spend time together. Now, if those two people have babies, like you and Zalia, its important to make sure that the babies like the other person. Does that make sense?"

Zayn seems to think about it for a moment then nods. "Thats why Zali wants to play with you?"

"Yes baby," Harry smiles warmly and reaches across the table, grabbing the baby's hand in his. "And that's why Brazil wants to play with you. She adores you! After you and Zalia fell asleep, she kept saying how cool you are!"

"She did?" Zayn asks with a giggle, his nose scrunching up.

"Oh yeah mate," Harry grins, squeezing his hand.

"Okay," Zayn smiles up at his father.

Harry grins and stands up, kissing his son's head. Zayn giggles and watches his daddy finish making dinner.

+

Later that night, when Harry is laying in bed, he calls Brazil to tell her. The phone rings a few times and Harry glances at the clock anxiously. It's only ten, he didn't think it was that late.

"Hello?" Brazil asks in a breath, breathing heavily on the other side of the line.

"Is this a bad time?" Harry asks curiously, smiling to himself.

"Harry! No," she giggles. "Sorry. I was in the kitchen making a snack and my phone was in my room, so I ran across the house and I shouldn't be out of breath but-"