chapter three

A couple minutes before three, Liam drives to the school and parks out front. He gets out of his car and leans up against it, watching the door for the familiar head of raven hair. After about five minutes, the doors open and kids come running out.

"Uncle Li!" Zayn shouts when he sees the older man, running toward him. Liam bends down just in time to catch Zayn in a hug.

"Hi mate, you ready to go?" Liam asks Zayn with a smile.

"Let me say bye to Ed," Zayn hands Liam his batman backpack and runs toward a ginger haired boy and a blonde girl. Zayn hugs the boy and they talk for a bit then Zayn looks to Liam then the girl, then runs over to Liam. "Li, Ed's friend can't find her mum."

Liam follows Zayn over to the kids. The girl has the brightest blue eyes he's ever seen. Liam bends down to her level and talks to her. "Hi love. What's your name?"

She giggles and looks to Ed for support. He smiles and nods in encouragement. "My mum calls me love. I'm Zalia Dawson."

"Well Zalia, I'm Liam. Let us see if we can find your mum," Liam offers his hand to the girl and she takes it. Liam leads her back to his car and tosses Zayn's backpack in the back. "What does your mum look like?"

"Just like me," she answers with a smile.

"Well then she must be very beautiful because you are gorgeous," Liam compliments her and she blushes, squealing with laughter.

"Zalia!" her name is called and she turns her head quickly, looking at a tall, thin, brunette.

"Aunt El!" she pulls her hand from Liam's and takes off running in the woman's direction. The lady bends down and catches the girl, picking her up and hugging her then balancing her on her hip. She walks over to Liam and Zayn, Ed already left with his mum. "Hi, thanks for watching her."

"It's okay," Liam gives a friendly smile, holding out his hand for her to shake. "Liam Payne."

"Eleanor Calder," she smiles and shakes his hand. "Wait did you say Payne?"

"Yes," he smiles. "That would be me."

She nods approvingly, then Zalia speaks up. "Auntie El, where is mummy?"

"Mum is at work but we are going to go there now and see Uncle Si," El says and Zalia smiles brightly. "Say thank you to the nice man and we'll go."

"Thank you Leeyum," Zalia drawls out his name. Eleanor nods to Liam and turns on her heels, walking back the way she came. Liam turns now to Zayn and pick him up, blowing a raspberry on his tummy.

"Lili!" Zayn shrieks with laughter. Liam sets him in the backseat, buckling him up and going back on the other side. Liam begins the drive to his building, blasting 5sos, per Zayn's request. They both sing along happily and soon they are there. Zayn squeals in delight at the sight of the tall building his daddy works in. Zayn unbuckles himself and waits for Liam to let him out. The door opens and Liam grabs Zayn's hand before he can run off. After grabbing Zayn's backpack, the pair start into the building and to Liam's office.

"Lou-Lou," Zayn shrieks when he sees his uncle Louis, waiting for them when the elevator opens up.

"Hey bubba," Louis coos at the young child who has lept into his arms. "I missed you."

"Missed you Lou," Zayn says, nuzzling his face in Louis' shoulder.

"Let's go to my office monkey," Liam interrupts after a minute. Zayn looks at him with a nod and holds his arms open, wanting to be carried. Liam takes the child off his brother's hands and carries him the rest of the way to his office. "How was school?"

"It was good," Zayn says with a sigh. "I really miss Ni-ni and Loi though."

"Aw Zaynie, they'll be here tomorrow I think," Liam responds to the child.

"Okay," Zayn smiles at the older man. They reach Liam's office and begin to play while waiting for Harry to get out of his meeting. After an hour or so a knock sounds on the door of Liam's office and a head of curly hair pops in. "Daddy!"

Zayn stands and rushes to the tall man, running straight into his arms as he bends down to pick him up. "Hi mate. How was school?"

"It was good," Zayn tells his dad. "Missed you though."

"I missed you baby," Harry kisses the smaller boy's cheek. Zayn giggles and hugs his father around the neck as Louis enters the room without knocking. Zayn gets excited and opens his arms, squealing to be held by his uncle. "Zayn use your words, you're not a baby."

"Sorry," Zayn says bashfully. "Lou will you please hold me."

"Of course buddy," Louis smiles, taking the child from his dad.

"Lou can you come over and play today?" Zayn asks after a minute.

"I would love to," Louis answers with a smile. "but let's ask your dad first, yeah?"

"Daddy can Lou come over?" Zayn looks at his dad with wide eyes and a pouty lip, knowing the effect it has on his father.

"I guess," Harry sighs. "If you don't want to hang out with me."

"Daddy of course I want to play with you," Zayn gasps, wiggling out of Lou's grasp and sliding to the floor. He runs to his daddy and wraps his arms around his waist, burying his face in Harry's hip. "I'm sure Lou will let you join us."

Harry chuckles and rubs his son's back. "Well if Lou lets me join then of course he can come over."

"Yay!" Zayn shouts, hugging his daddy tighter.

........