chapter five

"How was the honeymoon?" Harry asks Niall.

"It was wonderful," he smiles, bouncing his legs to entertain the child on his lap.

"Uncle Ni," Zayn turns around skillfully and scoots up so he's straddling Niall's waist. "I missed you so so much."

"Awe I missed you squirt," he chuckles and stops his bouncing, pulling the boy in for a hug. Zayn hugs him tightly, afraid if he lets go his favorite uncle will disappear once again.

Zayn pulls away slightly and goes up on his knees, kneeling on Niall's lap. He wraps his arms around the man's neck and moves to his ear so he can whisper. "You're my favorite."

"Awe thanks mate," Niall whispers as well, moving one hand to the child's bum to keep him in place. "You're my favorite as well."

"Really?" He looks at him hopeful.

"Absolutely," Niall taps his nose. Zayn giggles and sits back down, keeping his position and wrapping his arms around the Irishman's chest.

Harry watches the interaction with a smile. He loves how kind the lads are to his pride and joy. Zayn is so precious and sweet, it's easy for him to be upset.

"Any love interests Haz?" Niall asks him, following the wishes of his wife. Lola pleaded and bargained with him, saying that her friend is the perfect match for Harry.

"No," Harry shakes his head, giving the blonde a crazy look. "I don't have time for that."

"You have to get back out there Harry," Niall gives the curly haired man a sullen look. "It's time."

Harry stares at him then moves his gaze to his son, thinking about every possible outcome to him dating again. Zayn needs a lot of attention and love and Harry isn't ready to give the time up he has with his son for a girl.

"Lola has a friend," Niall interrupts his thoughts. "Her name is Brazil Dawson, she's super cute and nice. She actually has a daughter Zayn's age."

He pauses and looks over Harry's features, making sure he is doing the right thing. "Take her out, just one night, something simple, I'll watch Zayn, and if you don't enjoy yourself or if you think you're not ready, we'll put it off. But Harry .. you need to get back out there, it's been long enough."

"I know," Harry sighs, running his hand down his face. "I've just got so caught up with Zayn and work, I've not thought about it."

"You're 25 mate, almost 26," Niall reminds. "Don't you think Zayn needs a mum in his life?"

"Why do I need a mum?" Zayn asks, silently listening to the adult conversation the whole time. "Daddy are you going somewhere?"

"Of course not mate," Harry smiles at him cheerfully, glancing quickly at Niall and shooting him a death glare. "I'm not going anywhere, uncle Ni is just trying to set me up on a date with a girl."

"You should go," Zayn encourages. "Make her dinner, you make the best dinner."

"Do I?" Harry asks cheekily in an attempt to mask his surprise that Zayn wants him to date someone.

"Yup," Zayn nods, pushing his hair off his forehead. At his haircut the other day, he got the bottom shaved off but left the top long so he can pull it in a pony and it's still long like his daddy.

"I'll give you her number," Niall smirks. "Call her."

"Alright," Harry agree, rolling his eyes and huffing, causing Zayn to giggle.

Later that Night, Harry calls the number Niall left, his heart hammering in his chest. It rings three times then a sweet English voice answers. "Hello?"