Chapter 1: Where it all begins

Denver, Colorado. 

The Mile-High City of the United States of America with one of the greatest high schools in the country. The city of many cultures, the city near the Rocky Mountains with the largest park system in the United States, strong national teams, lousy drivers and above average criminal rate. Denver, the city Devil decided for his playground.

The Hollow High School is one of the best high schools in the USA, providing the best education for its students for years. Every student who set his foot in the Hollow High would get in the University he had always dreamed of, because of many awards the school and its students won. Among many people, the Hollow High became known as "Elite High", since only geniuses could withstand its program.

But, even in such an elite school there is one class no one wants to be a part of. It's the 'D' class. The 'D' stands for "Death", because of the numerous deaths that occurred throughout the last 50 years. Deaths would start unannounced, without any logic behind them. The students who were a part of this class would simply disappear. They would all die of random reasons; heart attacks, murders, car crashes, hangings, etc., but for the last 15 years, each and every student was killed by some other student, either a fellow classmate or someone from other class.

The principal and school committee once tried to shut down the infamous class, but it was all in vain. Other students, completely irrelevant for the already mentioned class, started dying. Seeing how it didn't have any effect, and only caused massacre, the infamous 'D'  class was back.

Previous students have tried to stop the curse, using exorcism, moving to another state or another country, avoiding school once the killing started, changing high school, using black magic, becoming followers of random cults, but nothing helped. In the end, they would all die.

The funny thing is, everyone in the school was aware of the stories behind murders, kids would talk about them, but once they started, everyone, including professors, would shut their mouth, leaving the poor children on their own, fighting for their lives. In many cases, students would lose their minds. They would become suspicious of their classmates, friends and even their families, deciding they're better off on their own, which in most cases resulted in suicide.

Today's 'D' class consists of twelve students, six girls and six boys, all of them geniuses, each and every one of them unique in their own way. Some are gold medal winning athletes, some are national champions in biology, chemistry, history, literature, art, dancing, math, etc., and some are simply conserving their energy for the future. In other words, they're just lazy.

For these kids, today's day is another normal school day. Everyone's already in the classroom, thirty minutes before their mathematics professor arrives. Why? So they could copy the homework he gave them! That's how they've always worked and will continue working. Until they die.

Today was Sam's turn to write math homework and pass it to others. "Hey Sam, I can't figure out what's the answer to task 3, subtask 5." Said David, the light brown haired, green eyed genius biologist and chemist.

"It's 23." Answered Sam, who already committed to memory all of the answers to the tasks. Sam is the usual happy-go-lucky kind of guy. He's an athlete, a professional swimmer. With his short black hair, green eyes, tall and masculine figure, cute smile, good jokes, a six pack and broad shoulders, he's the guy all girls are swooning over. But, unlike many of his fellow athletes, who don't go to Hollow High, he's also a mathematics and chemistry genius.

"Here David," said Kim, "I have already copied all of the answers from Sam. You can copy them from my notebook if you can't read his messy handwriting."